Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight leak on the passenger side of the oil pan, coming from the highest point of the pan. It's more like seapage than a leak.

Anyway, to repair this , the engine would have to be removed, or the tunnel. Anyone else with this issue?

·
21,386 Posts
Innovator said:
I have a slight leak on the passenger side of the oil pan, coming from the highest point of the pan. It's more like seapage than a leak.

Anyway, to repair this , the engine would have to be removed, or the tunnel. Anyone else with this issue?
Are you sure it's the pan? Sometimes a leaking valve cover can make it look like the pan is leaking.

Post a pic and we might better be able to tell.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i think i had the same kind of thing going on, when my car was on the lift, the mech simply tightened a few bolts on the pan that were a bit loose.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mannygmt2 said:
i think i had the same kind of thing going on, when my car was on the lift, the mech simply tightened a few bolts on the pan that were a bit loose.
I did that, and it helped, but still seeping a little.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have the same issue...its so slight, there is no way I'm letting anyone at GM touch it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
An observant mechanic noticed a small bit or oil during the last change. He replaced the pan or gasket or both, and no leaks since. It was warranty work.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actu 8 said:
An observant mechanic noticed a small bit or oil during the last change. He replaced the pan or gasket or both, and no leaks since. It was warranty work.
Big job though. I rather let it leak then have a lazy dealership tech take my car apart.

·
21,386 Posts
And the pan gasket is pop-rivited to the pan as well. Of course when it's replaced the rivets don't go back in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts