Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little help here, from Mechanical genius..
All my guages read correctly, however the Oil Temp guage (readout) which used to be an actual degree in Numbers, now reads LOW.......no analog digital readout..
Just got the car back from getting serviced...would a battery disconnect cause this??
Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
LOW is what it reads when it is really cold out, like below 20. I'm guessing that is not the case for you.

The temp sensor plugs into a port right above the oil filter. Open may be a cold reading. I'm not sure how the temp probe is set up. First thing I would check is that this cable is plugged in. :cheers:

·
Registered
299 Posts
My guess is the cable in unpluged from the sensor. As Brad has pointed out the sensor and cable connector are up and just forward of the oil filter. Engine needs to be cool when you stick your hand up there as the exhaust manifold is right there.
Tony #54

·
Registered
596 Posts
Subdriver said:
LOW is what it reads when it is really cold out, like below 20. I'm guessing that is not the case for you.

The temp sensor plugs into a port right above the oil filter. Open may be a cold reading. I'm not sure how the temp probe is set up. First thing I would check is that this cable is plugged in. :cheers:
I agree...... See if you get a 1543 code and you'll know if the sensor is unplugged or faulty. I know mine was unplugged and I got both the code and the LOW message for the temp. Good Luck! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
All, I got the 1543 code as well, and I checked to ensure the plug was inserted correctly. What is the next step? :idea:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts