Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok all i have a poll of my own!!!
this is for m.yellow people out there regarding your wait and tpw.(change/pushed back)etc....
1. what was you total wait?including waiting list if it applies.
1a.did you have to go on a waiting list?
2.how many times did your tpw change???
3.how long did it take to get your order accepted??(order number)
4.what about your sequence number, how long from order number?(as far as the wait)
yeah i know kinda personal but i have seen alot of orders being pushed through over the last month or so and just wanted to know what to expect!!!! again thanks for taking the time to read this kinda long poll /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Z0 -- I waited for 2+ months through a local dealer. It appeared that they weren't going to get an allocation for MY, but I kept the order with them. Then, one day on the other forum, I read a post about 3 Z's with build dates being available -- and it turned out that one of them was a MY. I called immediately, got in touch with the dealer, and did everything over the phone (from PA to GA). Got the car when it was promised, and have been in Z06 heaven ever since. (Oh, and I promptly cancelled my previous order and got my deposit back.)

The moral of the story? Screw the waiting process! You should be able to find one with a build date and everything, and not have to pay over MSRP either. Mine "fell into my lap" so to speak. I wasn't actively searching the net or anything -- so, I imagine that if you DID actively search, via a supporting dealer, you'd probably do pretty well.

I know this doesn't really directly answer your questions, but don't you think that these answers are better anyway? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

-Kirk

2001 Z06
MY w/Black (Memory, Mirrors, Mats, & Moldings)
+ B&M Ripper, Hardbar knob, Blackwing

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm still waiting for my order to get accepted and losing patience. I've had a deposit at the dealer since April and I'm first on the list, but the dealer hasn't recieved any Z06 allocation yet. I'll probably switch to a larger dealer soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts

On 2001-08-06 12:35, beggar spewed forth this drivel:
I'm still waiting for my order to get accepted and losing patience. I've had a deposit at the dealer since April and I'm first on the list, but the dealer hasn't recieved any Z06 allocation yet. I'll probably switch to a larger dealer soon.

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif I share your pain still playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I feel your pain. I placed my order on 6/6 for my MY Z06 (666 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif ). My dealer put the order in to the system on 6/8.

I had an order number very quickly, but my event status code was 1100 which means "Preliminary Order Added". This means it isn't really an order yet, even though I had a number.

Up till last Friday (8/3), I was still event status code 1101, "Preliminary Order Accepted", which isn't much better. Anything below event status 2001 isn't a real order.

My dealer had an order in the system for another MY Z06 with the same color and options except it had the Body Side Moldings. I think the fact that they had an unsold MY Z06 order might have been preventing them for getting the allocation for another MY Z06 (just a theory).

Anyway, last Friday I told the dealer I would take the car with BSMs, which I may take off. Now the waiting is over, I have a TPW and order number and should have the car in a few weeks!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

My advice would be the same as KMeloney, search for other dealers with MY allocation, put a deposit down, then cancel your original order. You may have to settle on some options that you don't want, but at least the wait will be over!

As of last Friday, Kevin Will @ Les Stanford Chevy in Dearborn, MI had a MY Z06 all but BSMs available with a TPW of 8/20. http://www.chevyquote.com/ls/main.asp

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/Everything
Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6!!!

·
Registered
765 Posts
The wait has everything to do with the dealer. Once the order is approved by GM it's a matter of a month to six weeks for it to be built and delivered.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
M/Y ZO6s for 2002 are very hard to get. They stay on constraint most of the time. Meaning they only produce very few of them. With one of the largest allocations in the country for ZO6s it is still very hard for me to get an order accepted in the GM comp. This may or may not ease up. Only the Gen. knows for sure. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Last I heard, my MY Z06 is due to be built next week. Fingers have been crossed for quite a while.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For some reason GM seems to build more of the yellows at the end of the year. I walked into a dealer last month and they had a 2001 MY Z06 sitting there unsold. The dealer I'm going through for my 2002 said if you want Red or Black you can have it by Septemebr, if you want Yellow you'll probably wait until next April or May.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys for the info........ i have shopped around and found other dealers with a "my"ZO6. and les stanford was one of them!!! i think maxie too!!! i just dont want to get the car in winter!!! i just cant see the use!!! when it rains it pours up in my neck of the woods and same goes for snow! thanks for the help everyone!!!

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
As strange as it sounds. We had a 2002 M/Y ZO6 with Mod-Red int avalb. for sale for about two weeks. We posted it to be avalb. (on the other Forum) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif for the whole time and it just sold on this past Sat. I thought it would not have lasted 2 hrs. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yesterday I talked to my dealer again and I found out he had already ordered two 2002 Z06's for other people even though I was the first on the list. The reason being, you guessed it, the annoying constraint on yellow. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_evil.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Found out yesterday my supposed 'TPW' has been bumped again .. now to 9/3. I am just hopping mad about this. It's fast becoming obvious that a TPW is just a carrot on a stick, and has no meaning at all until the event code gets to 3100 (maybe 3400). It's also obvious that GM's order/production system is full of red herrings and broken promises, and is the most convoluted, byzantine, and arcane process every devised by man.

Can you tell how happy I am today? Frigging GM jerks!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Z0SICK6,
1) 2 1/2 months
1a) no
2) I periodically contacted my bud at the dealer. He was great and let me know when anything happened.
3) This was mid-July, 2000.....I think it took just over a week or so to get confirmation.
4) It took about 2 weeks or so.....

HTH
01ZEE06
Barry
P.S. It was very frustrating waiting 2 1/2 mos, but it was so Kewl when I got the call that my car was arriving, and then when I first saw her /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts