Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm pretty much decided on the TPIS headers even after hearing the horror stories. I'm hoping they have fixed their problems. Now, do headers for the ZO6's come with header bolts, gaskets, etc? Or do I have to track all that stuff down myself? If so, can you all give me ideas on bolts, gaskets, etc? I'm still trying to find info and a manufacture for an off road x-pipe, or something to delete the cats. I want to run the TPIS headers, x-pipe (Bassani or Corsa), no cats, O2 sims, and stock ZO6 TI exhaust. I would also replace the stock plugs and wires with NGK plugs (don't know what part number though) and GMPP red plug wires.

Any and all help is much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've never heard much good about Magnacore... and Nology are PHAT bucks!!! I've used MSD with good use (and measured very low ohms on them) and I've used Accel and they were good. I'm putting Taylor cut to length's on my '96 Z-28 and have heard good about them. The LS1 guys have all said Magnacores suck. Something about them slipping off the plugs easily and getting burned. I'm gonna get the GMPP red plug wires to match...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have had Magnecor wires on my last 6 cars and will have them on my new Z06, as soon as I get it, they will not burn sitting on the headers and they have always worked great on my cars. :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh, so your guaranting me that a set of Magnacore wires WILL NOT BURN even when touching the header? Damn, Superman strength plug wires... :) I've never seen a plug wire resist burning. Even those 6" long expensive fiberglass/nomex wire sleeves can let a wire burn. The old Jacobs ceramic plug boots were pretty good, but very spendy and they cracked too...

·
Registered
575 Posts
ZO SIC,
Do those headers you're buying have the "D" shape openings to match the ZO6 or are they round? I'm interested in headers too but would like to have them match.
Bob

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not heard of any D-shaped exhaust port headers yet. I did read in another post that a ZO6 guy was having a shop port some TPIS headers to fit his '02 ZO6. I asked about this in another post a few days back... I will think about porting mine to match the exhaust gasket when I get them too... I'm still not sure it is neccesary. It has been proven that gasket matching the intake manifold doesn't gain you any power... I'm not sure if the same theory applies here or not. I'll have to talk to some serious engine builders and ask them.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
No one that I found makes a "D" shaped header flange port, my head shop (no not the head shops from the 60's ;) ) is matching the head port to my TPIS headers, the guy doing the work said on stock heads it is not worth doing, but on ported heads he told me is should be done. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts