Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys(and gals if we have any here)

Needin some help for a soon to be Z06 Brudda!!

Just got a sequence # of 023357.
-First off, how do I track the car from now on or do I have to wait till completed?

-Once complete, can I track it on rail car to the railyard and dealer?

-How many Vettes are produced a day at the plant and am I correct in assuming that sequence order is just that...like today....first car on the trim line is #022452. Does that mean that there are still 905 vettes ahead of us?

Please provide any additional info I might need or where to obtain it. Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions but hey....this is what we are here for right?

Thanks!

------------------
Visit Ben's(My Dad's) Site

'01 Z06 on the way!! Due in February '01!! :)
Previous Cars:
1996 Grand Sport
1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue
1991 ZR-1 Black
1993 40th Anniversary Ruby Red
1982 Silver Anniversary Edition
1976 Stingray Red

Visit My Website

-----------------Personalized Tag-----------------
--------------------"LOHRTBT"-------------------

AIM Screen Name: Jester84

Quote:
"No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously."

·
Registered
566 Posts
Dave:

your sequence # is about 40 to 42 units away from the build #s (there are some cars made, but not sold). So your car should be around the 23,397th car produced. They turn out about 120 to 130 cars per day, depending on line stoppages etc. The Z06s are currently running at about 13 to 15% of total production due to wheel supply issues.

You can get your TPW from the dealer, once this info is available from the plant. With the TPW you will know what week your car is going to be assembled. By checking the real time sequence #s, you can narrow the actual build date down to a day or so either way.

You can track the car once it is released for shipment from the plant via the carrier (some go by rail and some by truck)of course all eventually get trucked to the dealer by Allied Auto Transport.

To get the current sequence #s going through the plant, check in w/RAT on the other forum, or see the current sequence #s post. Good luck!

------------------

Quicksilver Z06 Moon

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RamAirDave:
Just got a sequence # of 023357.
-First off, how do I track the car from now on or do I have to wait till completed?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way to track the car is to get in contact with Ram Air Tony on Corvette Forum. I could give you Sony's telephone # and he would keep you informed, but Sony is a busy guy and going through RAT is the best way.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> -Once complete, can I track it on rail car to the railyard and dealer? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you can track you car by rail but I don't have the URL...hopefully someone who has done this will help you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> -How many Vettes are produced a day at the plant and am I correct in assuming that sequence order is just that...like today....first car on the trim line is #022452. Does that mean that there are still 905 vettes ahead of us? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct on the sequence number order. BG produces approximately 160 Vettes a day...so sounds like yours will be made soon.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dennis- I do have the TPW of 2/26. And the sequence # is 23357.

Thanks to you and Frank for the other info that I needed.

Now does anyone else have the rest of the info I need? the URL to track it once it leaves the plant and what information will I need to obtain this information?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dave,
You will need to know the last 8 digits of your VIN to located on www.bnsf.com/cws/tracing

or the railcar number to locate at www.uprr.com
go to public tracing
Check with your dealer and tell to call the dealers business center(DBC) for the railcar #.

I followed mine on UP all the way from TN to N. CA...took one week and it went thru Kansas, Neb, WY, UT, NV, and finally home!
Good luck.

------------------
2001 Torch Red/Mod TR Z06

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1520566&a=11496079
Zaino,CAGS defeat,Lloyds Z06 front/cargo mats,CAU decals,Z06 exhaust plate,Valentine 1/remote,BP Al Gas Pedal,power antenna,Dynamat Super interior,K&N air filter/open stock cover,Z06 TR Vette Rest,A&A frame savers;DS Trunk Lid Insert.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts