Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How old are the rest of you with your Z06s? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Generally I do see people slightly older than myself driving C5s. I'm 24, and this is my second Corvette, my last one was a 91.. in Red that I bought used and sold a couple of years ago.. instant love with the Corvette since then.

-jbl

·
Registered
0 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, I'm 50. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sherylann is 43. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
49 going on 10. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I just can't grow up or won't./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
50 year old body 16 year old spirit. Constantly at odds with one another....

·
Registered
680 Posts
I too am 24.......NOT!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif but I wish I still was /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Truth....the BIG 40, but a Z06 makes you feel like your age is standing still! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

But age does have it's advantages.....Like, how much is your insurance on that Z Jason ol buddy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

On 2001-04-08 19:58, Rippied.Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
42 for a few more months. 24 with a Z06, man I was driving a Vega at that age. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I do consider myself very lucky... the tech field has done me well.. I hope when I'm 50 that I am not living out of a grocery cart... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-jbl

·
Registered
175 Posts
24 here too. You are not alone. I haven't attended a Vette event yet, so as to be able to judge avg. Vette owner age, but I look forward to it. I went to an F-body gathering yesterday and had a blast. Everyone was cool and, as no surprise, I definitely wasn't the youngest one there. But what does age matter anyway? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
200.....feeling like 53......37 when bought first Vette...working on my 5th one...2002 MY/Mod Red Z06 due in late July from Campbell Chevy in BG,KY...... Yea! Jason...How are the insurance rates on that baby!!:)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'm 33 and this is my 2nd Vette. I had a 94 Admiral Blue Coupe a couple of years ago.

I think I am one of the youngest in my corvette club here in Minnesota. It makes it difficult to fit in sometimes when the average age of the club if about 57. I have the Bose blasting Will Smith "Wild Wild West" and they have soft Jazz. In the end it is the love of the cars that gets everyone on the same page. Some day I'll be 50 and will have to run the club and worry about saving the wave. For now it's an open road and no worries.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Turned 42 last month... I had an awsome '64 vette back in '80 for 4 months until a tractor trailer rig ran over it. I was 21 then and lucky/thankful to see 22.

Most of the Z06 owners I met in Daytona for the Rolex24 were in their 40s & 50s. There were ~15 Z06s at the Rolex24.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

On 2001-04-09 00:36, zman spewed forth this drivel:
200.....feeling like 53......37 when bought first Vette...working on my 5th one...2002 MY/Mod Red Z06 due in late July from Campbell Chevy in BG,KY...... Yea! Jason...How are the insurance rates on that baby!!:)
Hah! All in all, not too bad IMO... about a $100 a month with just the Z on it...

-jbl

1 - 20 of 66 Posts