Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

well i finally got the closing email so i am an official vendor so i thought i would post the pics of our first run of knobs. now before i do i want to clarify some things...

1. these shift knobs are cnc machined with factory threads no collars or funky adapters.

2. these are not the final design of our knobs. the bands on the fianl desing are going to be wider to insulate from the heat more and they will have the gear shift pattern on top.

3. the next run will be availble in the silver or gray anthracite anodize and triple chrome.

4. this run of which i only have 20 gray left and 2 silver left have no shift pattern on them and look exactly like the pics below they will be sold for only 30 dollars plus 6 shipping until they are gone so first come first serve :):)

5. the final design will be ready mid february and they will cost 40.00 for anodize in both finishes or 45.00 for triple chrome. i will post pics when they are done.

here you go...

any questions please feel free to call me at 706-793-1770

regards
george

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I'll take one

Hello George. I will take one of the gray ones. Check your private messages. Or email me back at [email protected]. Thanks, Baron

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Very Nice!

George,

They look great. Looking forward to seeing the final design.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lebaron you've got mail :):)

also anyone that is interested you can order with a credit card by calling us as we are setup for daily order processing.

regards
george
mgwltd 706-793-1770

·
Registered
0 Posts
George,

What are the dimensions on the knob?? I bet that Triple-Chrome looks REALLY good!! :cool:

Congrats on becoming a supporting vendor!! :yeadog:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are a little over 1.500 inches in diameter and 3.00 inches long.

but here is the key!!! the tapped hole inside is a full 2.750 deep so it taps all the way down within only a 1/4 of the top of the knob so this sucker really sits as low as you can possibly get on any shaft!!

george

p.s. lebaron i just missed your call . i will be back in on moday we are on the east coast. please shoot me a call at 706-793-1770 from 9-5:30 est

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Those do look good :)

I spoke to George today (nice cat) and hopefully we can get one of the final designs to review. If you're like me, the search for the perfect shift knob continues, but I think after those leather pieces are widened, we might have a winner.......

JC

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have one of George's prototypes, actually had 2. One on a Z06 and one on my wife's departed ragtop. She loved the feel of it, which really surprised me, as I thought she would make me put the stock one back on. I LOVE it on my Z06 and want one of the new ones when they come in. Lucky me, I am close enough to drive over and buy mine in person. I highly recommend this shift knob. I had a MOMO on my Z06, which I thought would never come off, but it has. Going to NCRS and sell it while there! LOL.
Usual disclaimer: don't work for George, did have a prototype knob on my cars, and George is a member of our local club, Casual Corvettes.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I must say that I really like the fact that it will have the shift pattern on it. I don't need it but my wife might. :lol:

- Charley

·
Registered
511 Posts
I too have one of George's prototypes.

From what I understand, this knob was made for Corvette's and tested only in Corvette's.
So its not a generic knob made for whatever it will fit.

I can truthfully say the knob makes a differece in shifting on my car, its much easyer to find the gears now and the noise reduction was a plus too.
I can't compare it to any after market knob since I've never had any other one but this, however, compared to the factory unit this is knob is far superior.

You get fully adjustable hight, so you can make it very short if you like.
The size of the knob also fits the average mans hand just right.

It might sound like I have some stake in this, but I don't.
I don't work for George, I was just lucky enough to be asked to check one out, and check it out I have.

·
Registered
35 Posts
George,

Those knobs look fantastic! Since they simply screw onto the factory unit, can we then assume that they will do the same on an aftermarket shifter? Can you custon make the leather bands in any color to match an exterior color?

Steve

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
unfortunately the material we use for the bands is a special neoprene blend that resists oils and chemicals as well as uv light fading. it can be dyed but the color still comes out looking dirty and unattractive. so we will only be offering them in black.

they will be available in the triple chrome though.

george

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Just bought one of the new ones with the shift pattern on it, in gray, think it will complement the mostly black interior nicely.

George is a great guy, very helpful, thanks George!!!

Looking forward to delivery in 3 weeks or so...

Mark

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Got an idea...

George,

It's a little off topic, but I was looking through your site and notice the "Viper Ashtray". It would be great if you could do a similar treatment to the "Vette Cupholder". I know that a lot of us have seen shift knobs we like, but are afraid to switch them out if it doesn't have the shift pattern on it. Stamping the pattern onto the cupholder would open up the possibilities for knobs and get rid on one more piece of plastic in our cars.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts