Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do us new C6 Z06 Owners Who Already Know How To Properly Drive (With Respect) High Horsepower cars need to turn off and how do we do it.

Traction Control?

Automatic Skip Shift?

What else?

I would appreciate knowing the details of how to disable these annoying little helpers

·
21,386 Posts
You can do it with a programmer such as the Predator but a much cheaper way is to buy a CAGS eliminator for about 30 bucks. It's plugs into the connector that plugs into the transmission. Very simple mod.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
GlennSullivan said:
What do us new C6 Z06 Owners Who Already Know How To Properly Drive (With Respect) High Horsepower cars need to turn off and how do we do it.

Traction Control?

Automatic Skip Shift?

What else?

I would appreciate knowing the details of how to disable these annoying little helpers
Hmm, I think I know how to drive, but I would leave traction control, personally. You can use the performance driving mode, but I'd never disable it entirely.

Skip shift you can disable with a 25 cent resistor from Radio Shack and a couple minutes to jack up the car. It's the first thing I've done to my last 2 cars (vette and F-body, both which had it).

*edit* it's a 2.2K-ohm resistor of at least 1/2 watt. I used one I had laying around the house which had a higher power capacity than 1/2 watt. Had it in for 4 years now with no probs. Here's a link from a google search on how to install it. Just takes a few min.

http://installuniversity.com/install_university/installu_pages/sophomore_year/cags_radio_shack.htm

·
Registered
14 Posts
I cant really understand wanting to turn off traction control when driving on the street. It seems like that's when you're going to want it the most...experienced driver or not. On the track, even the best drivers are getting better times with competition mode rather than turning it off completely.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts