Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://metlhed57.homestead.com/files/Z06snack.mpg

For those that don't want to waste time downloading, a Lightning ran against a Z06. Results were: L- 11.8 Z- 12.9. Was just wondering if it was one of our members. And yes, any car can be modded to beat another one.... :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Brent. No, I wasn't there. I have a few friends with Lightnings, and they're going crazy on the Lightning Forums with the video. I was hoping there would be someone nice enough to show them what a modded Z06 could do against another modded car. ;)

Ted

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can admit defeat. IT was me. That was a bad run for me. I had a severe problem with wheel hopping on each run shifting into 2nd gear. So I was pretty much backpedaling thru 2nd gear.

However even with my personal best ET. [email protected] The Lightning still woulda killed me. Not too mention the Lightning was heavily modded. Even had a set of Hoosiers. Looking at the ticket he had a 1.72 60ft.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Norm, Steve Row probably would have let you use his baby drag radials. Might have stopped the hop!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
normjack: I got the link from the Lightning Forum. A few of them wondered if it was an '01 or '02. I had to let 'em know that if the Z was stock, it wouldn't have mattered what year. What's funny is that I posted "any car can be made to go faster than another one," and a few of them didn't appreciate my comment. A few days later, someone posted a link to a Civic beating a Lightning. The L owners were making the same statement I did. :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
When your at the race track with a street car. ITs easy to get beat by a race prepped ride. I've seen some all motor Civics run high 11's.

And Yes I'm an all stock 01 Z06. All I have is a K&N panel filter in the stock air box. Trust me I did not take the but whipping personal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I showed up real late. 3:30. Traffic was bad on the way up. And they wouldnt cut me a deal to make 1 pass. anyway I guess all of the Z06's had left. but I did witness these L's very impressive. but I agree apples to oranges. For example their was a white 30th TA running 10s all motor. Drove in and home. Had a nice idle but not real radical. I didnt get a chance to talk with the guy, but it was one of the fastest street cars their. pulled the wheels about 1 foot in the air. No N20 no blower street car!! I would bet the Lightning guys didnt mention this GM car. LOL Hopefully next time I will be able to run. looks like a great track.

:cheers:

·
Registered
142 Posts
BadZ06: I left CC at 2pm, wanted to get back home early. There were about 5 Z06's and a few C5's up there that day. Hope to see you out there next season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts