Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GM high tech performance magazine is having a shootout of past and present GM supercars. I got invited with my Z (had to throw the stock catback back on which I hate...it sounds f-in gay...) Since I haven't run on stock tires in quite some time. Give me all the pointers I'm gonna want to hear and drill into my brain to find some traction since they won't lemme bring my CCW drag package :sneaky: Obviously my car is strong having done a best of 12.4 or so on the F1's around 115.5 or so, but I just wanna hear it from you guys. And I hope to god my unhappy original factory slips when hot clutch survives (13K miles of hell on it)

My only real fears will be a later model ZR1 with the 405 horsepower or a C6 Z51 6 speed. I don't think a GNX, GN, TTA, sy, ty, or any of the f-bodies have what it takes to beat a C5Z, but I damn well wanna make sure we come out on top (well until the C6Z posts some times)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey I'm just hoping I dominate the field and make us proud....otherwise I have alot of people to answer to...

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its on monday at englishtown

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83251

saw this thread and figured I fit the bill. Its invite only but you're allowed to have buddies come....I don't forsee a problem if you happened to stop by and knew what was goin on....

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Steve...tire pressure 40 in front, 22 in rear. heat them up a little (at leas to put on a good showing :D ) I would launch at 2500 and fully engage after to 10'. Redline that bitch but NO limiter!!!!! POWER shift into 3 & 4. Do this.......in our honor.

If you happen to have to run anyone.......stage S L O W......make their ass nervous as when you hand it to them they will already be in shock.:sneaky:

Give em' hell, Man.

-Tony

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
c'mon we all know the C5Z is the favorite...

me being all of 150-160 lbs helps too, lol

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Do us proud and Congrats in advance :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Go get some cheater tires. Like a dot road race tire. A set of toyo ra1's should do the trick and still not be considered drag radials.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay guys a lil update. I'm not ranger, but I think I made you all proud.

how does a 12.09 at 115 with a 1.8 60 ft sound running on F1's with nasty humidity and heat. I was shifting hard, but not powershifting...(I'm good but not that good)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I think those are some EXCELLENT numbers!!!! I would be proud if I were you as my best on f1's was 12.21 at 117.

You represented well, Steve!!

Now...how did everyone else fare?

-Tony

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Excellent, excellent, ya dun guud ! :yeadog: :thumb: :z:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Excellent showing!! :thumb: Thanks for doing us proud!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Great run!!! I think you gave us a great showing! :thumb: :z: Did you get any pics or video?

So how did you fair in the showdown?? Lemme guess, right up on top of the list.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
THRLSKR said:
Steve - Pls give us a run-down on how the other cars did...

Thanks,

Bill

okay I took the top spot.....by far

my 03 Z 12.09 at 115 they had a radar that they'd setup behind the car when you launched to read 0-60's.....I pulled a 3.7 or 3.8.

next was a 87 callaway TT vette (rated at 360 horse)
13.2 at 105-106 or so.

then an 87 GNX with 9200 miles original everything minus tires (even plugs!) 13.3 at 106....I was impressed...

After that was probably one of the typhoons (there were about 4 there) that did 13.8 something.

There was a 90 ZR1 there and the owner claims he had a 13.2, but no one would corroborate, I saw 13.9's out of him, eh couldn't exactly drive too well....boy does that thing sound differerent.

One guy had two TTA's one ran 13.7, the other 14.1, both stock, the slower one was laying down some blue smoke but had sat for the better part of 5 years.

There were two WS6's and a firehawk, they all ran from a 13.4 at 106-14.1 at 106, all 6 speeds.

That pretty much rounded out our times for the cars competing... They did have a stock 6.0 GTO, SLP's 455 horse package GTO and a vortech'd GTO there.

the stock one ran a high 13, the SLP one ran a 12.5 or so, adn the vortech one ran around a 12.5 also (on DR's)

no C6 Z51, no other C5's, only other vette representation was the big meanie C4's which dominated in their own days.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats Undertaker :z: :z:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Great run bro ! you stood up well for the rest of us :jammin:

Rob :cheers:

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
Great driving, Dude!!

I've seen a 1.8 60ft but never had one even on DR's!!
Can you get that mag at any newsstand and when will it be out??
I guess I'll have to go to Barnes&Noble, buy some Latte and peruse the magazines!! :D :D

Ken

1 - 20 of 21 Posts