Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is a copy of the email I received from Okole after mailing them the first thread. It seems that Okole does not consider our community a driving force in consumer sales of their products and that we are reduced to "chatters".........

There has to be one customer that isn't happy, You might want to tell all your chatters how exit 28 tried to help you out for free. At least thats what I hear.

Tracy
Interesting wouldn't you say? Customer service at its finest.....

JC

·
Registered
572 Posts
Unfortunately, Tracy doesn't seem to realize that Exit 28 is not the problem. They only tried to be a solution.

Well, the good news is that the internet is a good forum to discuss suppliers, as well as a good forum to advertise.:)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Tracy's few words speak volumes.

I was expecting something different. Learn something new every day.

Vince

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
That's Bullshit!! They should stand by there products and if a customer has a problem then they should do there best to repair it or replace it if need be:mad: :mad:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
JC

Tracy may be a NERD, but.......as you know forums where folks go......are known as "CHAT", rooms...........hence the chatter's.......

Still think HE sure as s#$% picked the wrong Chatter, to blow off............:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, none of the cars that I ever own in my entire life will have wet okole's in them. People need to realize how important customer service is.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
..from the part one thread, for those who haven't seen it ...

RG in Dallas said:
I checked our system and we have done 314 sets of Wet Okoles and have had 3 sets, not inlcuding JC's, sent back for repair and all customers satisfied. None had upside down logos until now.

I did send a pic to Wet Okole and they looked at it and agreed it was a mistake and want to fix the pair of tops that have little use on them right now.

RG
RG

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What they have offered is shite in my opinion........

But yes, they have offered to fix them........

JC

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Offer to fix something that left their hands in THAT condition?!

It's not like loose stitching that went unnoticed or a tear in some inconspicous area... We're talking SPELLING... UPSIDEDOWN! IN YOUR FACE!

Were their employees monkeys hanging upside down off their branch when they assembled them and that's how they screwed up the logo?

If I was the owner of the company, I would be EMBARRASED that it could have ever left the door like that and do whatever I could to make the customer happy to save face.

But to respond with such an unprofessional letter. Sad.

We should set up a poll on both forums and see what the general public would do in this same situation. If it were my money, I'd say, "take it back."

Don
N4C5S said:
What they have offered is shite in my opinion........

But yes, they have offered to fix them........

JC

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Their comments don't surprise me in the least. Their biggest market is 4x4's. I had mentioned that I had a pair in my Jeep and that they failed to meet Okole's claims for durability. The off-road environment puts more stress on these things than they would find in a car...they simply did not hold up. As a part-time Scuba Instructor, I know about the durability of neoprene first hand. If I left my wet suit out in the sun every day and slid my but across it several times a day, it would be reduced to rubbish in no time. I hope none of you got red ones.....they will eventually fade to pink.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Wasn't major league interested in them before... Now even less so... And Neoprene covers I purchase certainly wouldn't be Okele.

I think it's interesting regarding their take on customer satisfaction. It would appear that their reasoning is that we've only had 3 or 4 bad, so it's ok not to worry about this "ONE" customer.

Being a Customer Satisfaction Manager in my work-a-day incarnation, I would have to say that Tracy falls under the heading of "Customer Mangler". We are simply "chatters"?
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Tracy ... A word, if you please. You've taken an old adage "It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool ..." to new heights by putting your obvious non-professionalism, stupidity and lack of insight into print.

Dan Farmer

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
sigung86 said:

I think it's interesting regarding their take on customer satisfaction. It would appear that their reasoning is that we've only had 3 or 4 bad, so it's ok not to worry about this "ONE" customer.

Dan Farmer
I don't think that played into any of it. We have had extremely good dealings with them on the 300 or so sets we have done.

These covers are over 6 months old, though not used very long, but, were put on the car with the upside down logo. They are in the hands of the second owner, JC, and W/Ohas offered to fix these if JC will remove them and send them back with a call tag we would issue so there would be no charge to JC. Th covers would have to be removed at some point and their policy on such a long term item, is to fix them as good as new, but, JC has said he isn't interested in doing that.

JC contacted me at the beginning of November and the reason nothing was done at that time, was because he was moving and didn't want to give me a wrong address for pick up or delivery or at leats, not confuse the isue with two addresses. I followed up with him on another matter this month and asked if we could get something done. He mentioned several times in emails that it wasn't that big of a deal and nobody noticed it much anyway, but, I said we would get them fixed and started the process.

Wet Okole will fix them, but, that offer has not been accepted, instead, we are debating it here.

We have a ton of happy customers with the covers. For those who have not seen them, they are very comfy, very well made, and long lasting. We offer them at $269, shipped free, with an insert color and a Z06 logo or the C5 cross flags logo.

Here are some pics on an install site a Corvetteforum customer of ours did:

http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/jtc5/wetokole-install/install.shtml

RG

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I consider myself nonpartison and have no reason to take sides with either of the parties involved. I have seen most of the posts pertaining to this situation, although I do not know the one on one dialogue that has taken place. I try to keep the emotional aspect out of such issues when trying to resolve a problem. This is my take how things could/should have been handled.

The product was obviously manufactured wrong. How long and how many "owners" has no impact on the fact that they delivered an improperly manufactured item. If I remember correctly JC said that the covers were un-opened when he bought them. RG's statements that he is a second owner has no bearing. Anyone that orders a product through a distributor would be a second hand owner by RG's statement. It sounds like more of a "spin" than wanting to identify responsibility. The product should have been REPLACED, not "fixed", at the time it was discovered to be wrong.

If GM had put the logo on the seat upside down and you didn't noticed it until you got it home, (I am sure you would demanded) they would have replaced the seat. Even if you told them that you could not bring it in for a few weeks. This is the same scenario.

Having said that, there is some responsibility on JC's part. He should have returned the item instead of using it when he discovered it was incorrectly manufactured. They should have immediately REPLACED the item. That item would be now considered re-worked and they would only be able to resell it as a "repaired" item, not new. The fact that he used it doesn't lessen the fact that they sold a defective product. If they were a truly reputable company, concerned with customer satisfaction, they would have him send the product back and they would REPLACE it.

Maybe their products should not be advertised on this forum. At this time, that would be the best idea until they make good on their defective product.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Walmart comparison

Most of these vendors can't compare in size to a Walmart, who never gives you any trouble on a return.

There were questions about, how much time has lapsed, this is not the original owner, etc., but I believe just two posts above, an offer was made to "repair" the item.

Hey, why not take them up on that? No shipping charges to you. I'm sure if they can't be repaired properly, the owner is going to end up getting new ones - BACAUSE I'M SURE THE VENDOR DOESN'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS AGAIN!!!!

Steve Nix

1 - 20 of 48 Posts