Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous delays in getting to Bowling Green to pick up my EB Z06 at the Museum, I finally arrived on 9/18/01 and went to the museum on 9/19. After the tours, we arrived at my car in the Atrium. Draped across the windshield was an American Flag provided by Sonny and Carmen Kilgo. I wept openly. It is a shame that the web cams were down that day as the image was a statement about the strength and resilience of America.

I drove home across the country after a stop in Chicago. Yesterday I went from Lincoln, NE to Elko, NV a distance of 1100 miles. I love this car! jerboa :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Janet,

Congrats!! Everyone was wondering who's Z that was with the Flag banners!! :cool: Glad you enjoyed your trip...must have been a :cool: ride!! :)

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Congratulations Jerboa. Glad to hear things worked out O.K. My EB was built yesterday. Can't wait. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I have to do that museum thing once! That has to be just incredible! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your special ride! :D

·
Registered
144 Posts
congradulations on your new ride...and what a ride it is!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Tear here also

THAT WAS GREAT. I can find a tear with no problem in a situation like that. Found one in reading your post. Thanks for the help you have been to
Carol and me, god bless. Our new Z is sitting on a trk someplace, wish it would get home.
Jim and Carol

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Janet, congrats on finally getting your delivery. Hopefully you got the pics I sent to you some time ago - our dinner in BG with Sonny and his wife.

Enjoy...:cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Janet,

Glad you had a terrific time. Sonny is one fantastic guy.

Drive in good health :cheers:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Janet:

CONGRATS! I saw that web cam pics that day and called out for Mrs Zippy to come over and take a look! Very kewl!

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Very happy for you Janet! Drive safely and enjoy your wonderful,patriotic colored Z06!!! That EB is just awesome!
Zman

·
Registered
331 Posts
congrats jerboa,
you went through a long journey to get your ZO6. i bet you had a blast driving it back home............

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy!!! Wonderful story! :cry:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
By the time you read this you'll probably be back home. CONGRATS & WELCOME HOME!!! When you get a chance please post a full report on your NCM delivery experience and all about your new Z.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Way :cool: Janet, congrats on a great delivery, a great AMERICAN automotive machine, and a great ride home...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts