Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
I do work on the side in KC....sorry I can't help you closer to home...

Things I would do at the same time:
- The Callaway unit requires you remove the shroud to cut it out. I would use an air hose and clean out your radiator/condenser at the same time since it will be exposed. You should monitor your coolant temps now before you clean it out and see if you actually see a difference.

- Also a good time to clean the MAF. (unless your car is a garage queen i.e. under 10k miles). There is a special spray MAF cleaner you can find at any auto parts stores.

- Hood seal is a nice addition. You simply buy one of the black hood seals found on either fender on the Z06 and you apply it to the front to keep debris from getting in the engine compartment via that crack along the front of your hood.

Good luck in your hunt.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, it seems the Omaha area isnt quite loaded with Corvette shops to perform work.

I checked the Callaway website and there arent even any dealers in Omaha. I guess the people around here dont modify their vettes.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Not much in the way of shops in the KC area you can trust...that's another reason why I just do it myself now....

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
..and what exactly has MC Racing done that makes you not trust them, Paul??

Mike
Mike,
I'm not writing anything about any specific shops on a forum.

To perhaps explain my definition of "trust" I should list the things I have had happen to me or that I have witnessed in the over 20 years I have lived in the KC area to better explain why I said there "isn't much" in the way of shops I trust in this area:

- Shops that blow motors (two for me, not Corvette motors)
- Shops that don't do things they wrote down on the service sheet
- Shops that can't read directions you type out on a sheet of paper or write on a part to be installed
- Shops that put stock parts on backwards
- Shops that forget to install bolts or use the wrong bolts
- Shops that forget to plug in electrical plugs
- A shop that wants $300 in labor to remove control arm bushings that I had done at another shop for $40.
- Shops that put excessive miles on cars
- Shops that leave tools in the engine compartment (actually not too bad)

Over time it's hard to trust anyone, especially with a car like a Corvette. It's an added curse that I know how to work on cars and that I'm EXTREMELY anal about my cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i dont understand what pauls statement has to do with mc racing? he just said in the kc area?

im confused.

i do agree with him on trusting shops and its hard to do that with these cars.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
im going to agree with pauls statement and list, and say i completely understand where hes coming from.

Since Paul's reply was non tuner specific, since there are a number of speed shop/tuners in the area and since Pauls reply covered a 20 year period (that's before I was born), there's not a lot of disagreeing to do :screwy:

Mike

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Unfortunatly it seems to be hard to find a place to get any type of work done that you can trust to do a good job. :cry: (Not just automotive work.)

We all know that performance car owners can be a bit more particular than the average Joe. I have seen more performance shops than I can remember come & go for various reasons.

What shop owners & employees often fail to realize is that word gets around. If you don't do a good job or screw something up do you think the customer will recommend your shop to someone else. Don't think so. :mah:

Just the other day someone was telling me about a shop that did a great job and in addition went out of their way for the customer. Would you want to go to that shop or one that someone was unhappy with?

Shop owner's & employees everywhere need to remember that word spreads like wildfire particilarly when over priced or poor work is done. If you pi$$ one customer off it will do more damage to your reputation than you can reverse if you do a good job for 50 customers.;)

Just my 2 cents worth. :z:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts