Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my father has a 19 ZO6 with an automatic transmission, and he's attempting to bring the car into the tens. I believe he ran an 11.03 in the quarter the last time he was at the track. He hasn't been able to get 10s despite trying with PS4S' and slicks, having an X pipe, and a tune (with one of those Diablo tuners). So he's considering getting a new lower pulley to get more boost out of the supercharger, but because the engine would have to be raised, he's thinking long tubes from Kooks or ARH. Now, it appears to me that the problem is at the top end, as the first couple hundred feet of the quarter are speedy, so the long tubes should assist. However, I believe that a proper tune for the car would be far more beneficial.

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
I don't think long tubes would help that much. A proper tune would be more beneficial. It was my understanding that GM detuned the engine to prevent heat soak and eventual engine failure like would be seen at a road course. For drag racing, a tune would help for sure, IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts