Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, im on the verge of having my Z tuned and need some advice/ plan on what i need tuned, im a noob in this area. i know A/f im sure but is there a set plan of attack on what should be tuned and what not. ie fan temps, rev limit? need a plan and some knowledge and help from the experienced. heres a little back round info. car is a 04 Z06, i have a halltech tric intake, halltech CF cobra air bridge, lgm headers(all 4 o2s), x pipe, RT cats back to Borla stingers. this isnt my dailey driver but i do take it to work somtimes and will take it on road trips if that matters. thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I would just take it to a reputable Corvette tuner, and let the pros work their magic with the tuning. They'll know what to do with the tuning to maximize the power from your mods. Most change the fuel mixture and timing tables to account for the increased air flow of the intake and headers.

While they're in there programming, I would ask them to set the cooling fans to come on sooner, and eliminate the CAGS system. Even if you have a CAGS defeat, when they program out the CAGS, the 1-4 shift light will stop coming on. You may want to have them edit out the smog (AIR) pump system too, since I'm having a problem with that now (P0410).

I wouldn't raise the rev limiter - with the mods you have, you're not going to get much benefit from a higher redline, and you run a greater risk of engine damage.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I believe its not going to help to raise the rev limiter, but when I do I will raise my just a bit so when I hit those Rpms I wont bont off the rev limiter, I figure hardly never take Rpms to redline, and the times I do I hit the rev limiter accidentially, which I believe If I go 6600rpms and hit the rev limiter versus hitting 6600 rpms and not hitting a rev limiter , it will damage the motor less not bouncing off the rec limiter, But thats just my opinion :thumb:

so for my tune so far I got these things in line

1) lower fan temps
2) disable 1-4 shift
3)bring the rev limiter to 6700 rpms
4) program not to use cats versus using 02 sims

Im I missing anything? :eek:o:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
bring the rev limiter to 6800 RPM
disable 1-4 shift
edit out the rear sensors