Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am gauging interest in a One Mile Shootout to be held in Texas, this would be within 100 miles of Dallas and have plenty of Run-off for the Big HP Cars and Bikes.
This would be a 2 Day event and possibly covered by a National Car magazine and media. The event would be open to any and all makes of cars and bikes. This would be a timed standing mile event and might settle some of the smack talk between Vendor vs. Vendor, Bike vs. Car,
Vette vs. Viper vs. Supra, Magnacharger vs. Procharger, Twin Turbo vs NOS, Import vs. Domestic etc...............
I am looking at May/June time frame.
I appreciate everyones input.

Best Regards,
John Page
Twenty First Century Muscle Cars
Authorized Lingenfelter Performance Dealer
www.21stcenturymusclecars.com

·
Registered
895 Posts
Mike,

If they make it 100 miles north of Dallas, it might not be so bad. I can make Dallas in about 7 hours from my house.

Of course the last time included a ticket in Oklahoma for 93 in a 70.

Steve

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
smithsc said:
Mike,

If they make it 100 miles north of Dallas, it might not be so bad. I can make Dallas in about 7 hours from my house.

Of course the last time included a ticket in Oklahoma for 93 in a 70.

Steve
Steve, with my current setup, anything over 100 miles is a 'trailering' event I'm afraid.

Mike

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
There is a 1 mile shootout now. The problem with that event is that its not time and is only an indication of how fast can you go in 1 mile. A timed event(or even better a heads up event) would be awesome. I think if you have the event somewhere convient(prefarbly between the main four cities) it would have an even better turnout. I know a few people in san antonio that are interested(primarly ZR1 owners) and a few TAs and myself! Good luck and lets see the first 21CM 1 mile Texas shootout!

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Sounds like a awesome event, will be interesting to see the results. Should put to rest some of the myths that are always out there.

Jack

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Chris310P said:
Count me in!!!

Chris
Good Luck :z: :z:
You better change those gears to 3.42 or lower :z:

This type of event is where the ZR1's usually are King

·
Registered
999 Posts
Sounds like fun. I would need to change out the 3.73s, turn up the boost and bring some race gas.

Any ideas on tech inspection / requirements yet?

JWz06.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
IT L GO said:
Good Luck :z: :z:
You better change those gears to 3.42 or lower :z:

This type of event is where the ZR1's usually are King

3.42s go in tomorrow.... I far from expect to win with all the nasty ZR1's and 427TT around but it would be fun just to see what the car will do.

Chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
There already is a Texas Mile event sponsered by the Texas Region NASA. Goliad, Texas March 19 & 20th. I was planning to attend that event. When and where is the 21CMC event?

http://www.texasmile.com/

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
01ZEE06 said:
Sounds kewl, but too far away for me.

How about another one in Southern Nevada?

:cheers:
I agree.. Pat has to go Austin to pick up a used CMM machine as as I want to go it's 21 hrs by map quest :eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts