Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking brake rotors here..... Besides looks, why would you buy one over the other? And which one do you buy?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
For looks the two piece, for form and function the 1 piece at NAPA for 25.00 a piece. ;)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...$25???

So what will work for a (1) trip to the track without warping?

What is better for form and function, slotted, drilled, both, or neither?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Depending on what you are planning on doing with the car.For daily drivers or occasional autocross,the stock rotors are plenty adequate,especially on the Z06.
However,if you are going racing or serious autocross,that's different.Drilled and/or slotted rotors are designed to vent gases away from the pads.Most rotors are vented and I assume that is what you mean by 2piece.The drilled allow the gases to go to the center and be vented.The slotted are directional and vent gases to the edge and also clean the pads.I have been told that after awhile the drilled start to have heat cracks around the holes.The slotted are noisy and wear your pads quicker.Both are impractical for the street,unless you just want the look and don't mind changing pads more often.If you need to upgrade your brakes,it is better to upgrade the whole system,with a brake kit.IMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts