Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my dealer... I am #1 in line for C6Z06.. just got my call today to come in and place my order.... problem is.. he tells me... they have no allocation spot available right now to match with my order, thus, no order able to be placed......and per the regional GM guy that is onsite today, they are only doing 2500 cars... odds of this dealership getting ANY 06 Z06 is very slim....

Is this 2500 car number accurate? Any suggestions?
thanks...

Sam

06 Z06 - on order....#1 in line.
2002 NSX - full Comptech (white / black)
2004 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (white)
2000 C5 (red / black) - sold
1997 C5 (white/ black) -sold

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's one of the disadvantages of a small Dealership. No or few allotments!
As far as the 2500 number is concerned, it's to soon to tell.
IMO the General will build as many as the market can handle. The Rumor is 15 to 20% of total production. That would equal 6,000 plus Z06's :cheers:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Since you are "nearby", I wonder what the odds are for another dealer in the panhandle area who is allocated for one.

·
Registered
174 Posts
One GM worker assembles one engine per day. How many total per day do you think they can build at Wixom plant? Plus, there are the crate motors to be built as well. That 2,500 might grow next year after GM tests the demand and public reception. I hope it is a larger production run this year.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I posted GM's mix, coupes/verts and Z06's and it was something like 15% Z06's. I have it posted (last week) on the forum somewhere.. Smaller dealerships do get less allocations no doubt about it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I heard they can make 40 engines a day from somewhere...one of the forums dont remember where. What was the allocation of vettes of your dealer that said he wont get a z06, just wondering if mine will.

·
Registered
145 Posts
How can anyone predict how many Z's will be produced? Any number at this stage is speculation even if it comes from the General himself. You can bet that GM's plan is to produce as many as the market (and plant capacity) will bear. The idea of keeping production low and prices high is a game that IMO GM can't afford to play right now.

BTW-Just made an offer on a new house and told my wife that my CE Z06 might have to go when I get the C6Z. He response was "No way, if that's the case we won't buy the house". Gotta love that woman!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
subwaysam said:
...and per the regional GM guy that is onsite today, they are only doing 2500 cars ...
How else do you think GM is going to justify the $70~75K price tag? :cen:

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
When I toured the Dana facility, where they manufacture the aluminum frame for the Z, they said they are going to build 7000 frames per year.

·
Registered
371 Posts
IT L GO said:
As far as the 2500 number is concerned, it's to soon to tell.
IMO the General will build as many as the market can handle. The Rumor is 15 to 20% of total production. That would equal 6,000 plus Z06's :cheers:
EXACTLY !

Corvettes aren't Ferraris !!!
Ferrari produced a little over 11,000 F355s in 5 Years. There were even more F360s.
I TRIPLE GUARANTEE there will be more than 2,500 Zs :thumb:

5-6K sounds about right :z:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If the small dealer you are set up with only gets one or two C6Z06's, get ready to be held up in broad daylight with the sticker price?!?! :yeadog: :roll:

Bob :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
rpallas said:
If the small dealer you are set up with only gets one or two C6Z06's, get ready to be held up in broad daylight with the sticker price?!?! :yeadog: :roll:

Bob :(
MRSP would probably be a best case scenario. I'll bet the small dealers will be charging a premium if they are lucky enough to get their hands on one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts