Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a C6 z51 triple black convertible - I am also on the list of a big dealer for a new Z. The issue I am struggling with is giving up the open air driving flexibility and enjoyment of a convertible (or a coupe) for the performance and super car status of the new Z. I think I can get there on the Z personally - the powerful look of the new Z and the performance are simply to much to miss in my opinion - plus when it gets really hot out better cruising comfort with the top up and AC on - am I nuts or have others debated this issue especially those that do not race their corvettes. Sure appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Unfortunately, IMHO, once you have an open car you can never go back. I have a Z and a 66 Corvette rag top for those perfect top down days.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am in a similar situation. I would really like a vert and I am trying to decide to wait on the 2006 C6z51 or to go for the Z06. The power/performance of the Z obviously has its appeal, but this will be a daily driver for me and I will probably never realize or utilize the full potential of the Z. Sorry to the die hard racers out there, I know this just seems stupid.

I think that I will need to drive both and then decide. I live in Western North Carolina in the mountains, so it doesn't get to hot, so there is a long span of spring, summer and fall that I could really enjoy a vert.

I think that I will just have to drive both and then think some more before making my decision. I wish you good luck and I'm afraid I haven't been much help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback - makes me feel like I am not alone thats for sure!! A 400hp convertible is a pretty powerful beast as well - I never really thought about the C5 Z06 at all when I was driving a C5 convertible - all the hype about the new Z has me interested - I am also playing around on the Viper SRT 10 sites as that car offers a convertible option with 500 ponies - I guess I will run the Z ball out and see what happens - when and if the car comes in I can make my decision then - however I agree a convertible or removable coupe top is really tough to beat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I thought about the viper as well, but I am 6'4" and I have heard that it is not very comfortable for taller drivers, especially as a daily driver. However, I have not actually had the opportunity to test drive one.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
One of each. Best of both Worlds. It's only money :jammin: :jammin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts