Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob Hardt (Torch on the Forum) really doesn't like my plate. To me, its just a plate having a little fun with our fellow brethren. I'll take your opinions under advisement. Thanks.
I was thinking of getting: RIPPIED Your thoughts?

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11.4 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
405 rwhp, 380 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

·
Registered
59 Posts
personnally, I would keep the EATSC5S. It is most certainly true. But then again, i have a very dark sense of humor...

------------------
-derek Z06 Black/Mod.Torch

G

·
0 Posts
LOL, think you know what I like, go for the new one, good warning for the rest of us stockers!
Just realized that I am an addict now too, cool...

------------------
Bob Hardt
00 Mallett 396 HARDTop
01 Corvette Z06 Speedway White w/red trimmed int.
C5Reg NCM Ambassador
NCM Lifetime Member

[This message has been edited by Torch (edited 01-20-2001).]

·
Registered
12 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZEEEE 06:
I think it just pisses off some of our brother C5 owners. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, It does. I personally never race other Vettes out of respect... it would be just a race where some Vette loses. Why not set your cross hairs elsewhere?

"When a Corvette loses, America loses. We all lose"

------------------
99 Torch red/black C5 convertible. Carbon fiber Vortex, Z51, 3.15, Active handling, HUD, etc.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alesnik, I belong to the NCCC and all we do all summer is race other Vettes in sanctioned events. Every Vette there loses except one. Makes us all better the next time.

------------------
01 Z06-- Quicksilver, modified torch red interior, DRM long tube headers, cam, CNC heads, 11.4 to 1 compression ratio, Donaldson LS6, Corsa Indys, Euro tail lights, B&M Ripper
405 rwhp, 380 rwt Minneapolis,Mn
Ron M.

J

·
0 Posts
Rippied?? Depends.... who's the audience? It will be meaningless to non-Vetters and only a small percentage of C-5ers will know what it means. Some may make a connection with B&M (Ripper). On the other hand, sounds like DRM has been good to you so maybe they deserve the plug.

Torch Z06 TPIS long tube headers, Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&M Ripper, Brey Krause Harness Bar, Simpson 6 Point, CAGS Defeat.
GM transmission cooler and seat mods in Feb.

------------------

·
Registered
496 Posts
If you're going to pi$$ off other Corvette owners, do it right and go with ZR1 ETR or NEW KNG. That will really burn up the old school guys.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Keep the plate, and if they can not take a joke... well you know the saying.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
3 Posts
I first saw your plate in BG and must say was a bit surprised you took aim at C5s. Can't say I was pissed, but it did bring a little grin to my face. It does bring out a healthy competative side of us ordinary C5 owners. You've got an awesome car there and should be proud. I don't think I'd change the plate to Rippied, I agree that not many would know what Rippied means. It may make you a "Marked" man at some of the vette gatherings though. I do enjoy your enthusisam. You'll find not all C5s are all that edible

ZZ
(a DRM-N20 cousin)

------------------

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My plate started out on my second Grandsport as a little dig to the new C5 guys. Then since it cost some coin when I bought my first FRC I moved it to that car, then to my second FRC and now to the Z06. So as you can see, it was in the beginning a little shot from the Grandsport.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dennis, not guilt, just want to make sure it doesn't p*ss people off too much. Torch has said he really doesn't like it. I wanted to see how many share his opinion. I belong to 3 local Vette clubs with over 700 total members and I've had a lot of positive remarks since the plate was first on my GS. Anyway, its all in good fun.

[This message has been edited by Rippied.Z06 (edited 01-22-2001).]

1 - 20 of 26 Posts