Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I Raced My '02 Against My Buddy's '04. He Has Only A Varam Intake. I Have Headers And Off Road X-pipe. I Thought I Should Have Pulled On Him Some But We Were Pretty Much Even. In Fact If You Had To Pick Which Car Was Faster I Think It Would Be His. What Do You Guys Think? Also I Raced Him With My Cutouts Capped. Do You Guys Think The Results Would Have Been Different Uncapped?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
jwood80 said:
Recently I Raced My '02 Against My Buddy's '04. He Has Only A Varam Intake. I Have Headers And Off Road X-pipe. I Thought I Should Have Pulled On Him Some But We Were Pretty Much Even. In Fact If You Had To Pick Which Car Was Faster I Think It Would Be His. What Do You Guys Think? Also I Raced Him With My Cutouts Capped. Do You Guys Think The Results Would Have Been Different Uncapped?
I sure do, You may want to have your Dyno tune checked. :z:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Lots and lots of viarables there...fuel loads, engine wear and tolerances, tire brand and pressures, camber/toe settings, ride height/rake, engine tuning and octance, natural differences in cars...etc. Don't forget honesty - how do you know exactly what he's done to his car??? And the most important factor - the driver. Who hit the gas first? Just a split second means power sooner.

You said 'pretty much' even. If you had 10-20 more HP than he does, that's not going to be enough for you to pull 2 car lengths or something on him. If you had more toe out in front or toe in on the rear, your speed is now reduced because of tire drag. If your pressures were lower at the time, now you have more rolling resistance... The possibilities are endless. That why good race shops and crew chiefs are worth their weight in gold when it comes to making a car go fast.

·
Registered
71 Posts
jwood80 said:
Recently I Have Headers And Off Road X-pipe.
Are you still using the stock air box and filter? Whatever intake your using , make sure it's clean!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Qksvr said:
Are you still using the stock air box and filter? Whatever intake your using , make sure it's clean!
hey bro. Just wondering how the hell you run 11.4. All you have is intake, spec 3 clutch and drag radials? GOD DAMN. Let me know.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
wtknght1 said:
Lots and lots of viarables there...fuel loads, engine wear and tolerances, tire brand and pressures, camber/toe settings, ride height/rake, engine tuning and octance, natural differences in cars...etc. Don't forget honesty - how do you know exactly what he's done to his car??? And the most important factor - the driver. Who hit the gas first? Just a split second means power sooner.

You said 'pretty much' even. If you had 10-20 more HP than he does, that's not going to be enough for you to pull 2 car lengths or something on him. If you had more toe out in front or toe in on the rear, your speed is now reduced because of tire drag. If your pressures were lower at the time, now you have more rolling resistance... The possibilities are endless. That why good race shops and crew chiefs are worth their weight in gold when it comes to making a car go fast.
:yeadog:

·
Registered
71 Posts
jwood80 said:
hey bro. Just wondering how the hell you run 11.4. All you have is intake, spec 3 clutch and drag radials? GOD DAMN. Let me know.
Well that was in cold weather, and all my 11.4X runs have been with DAs between -715 and -1900. For example, my best run last Saturday was 60' - 1.688, 11.748 @ 116.22 with a DA of +1812. My filter hadn't been cleaned in 3 months which didn't help my traps, but it was still a decent run for the weather. Also, with the size of the Vararam filter it's important to clean it every month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts