Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a growing number of requests I have decided to put this question to the people that make this board what it is. YOU!

Requests for a regular C5 section. Before you scream traitor, let's consider a couple points.

1. This site will always be Z06VETTE.COM, thereby focused on Z06's.

2. I realize that this site provides an air of exclusiveness to our favorite RPO and creating a C5 section *might* limit that feeling.

With all that said, perhaps we could benefit from the additional users (thereby drawing more Z06 members) and additional knowledge of the C5 in general.

The main site would not change, ie, would remain focused on Z06.

I realize that this action could possibly involve my ejection from the Corvetteforum, but I only want to do the right thing, the thing that started all of this in the beginning, to provide a free exchange of information for Corvette owners.

I guess the main question is, do our fellow C5 brothers deserve their place here.

Thanks for your time and input, I look forward to your replies. If you feel you'd rather not answer in public, feel free to email me with your response.

JC

------------------
JC

2001 Blk/Blk Z06
Lloyds Z06 Mats, !CAGS, Halltech TRIC, Autobuffs Decals, Zaino
Pics
[email protected]

·
Registered
496 Posts
I vote that you not create an open C5 section. I have thought, and almost suggested, that you could create more interest in this site by creating sections for limited edition Corvettes such as pace cars, collecor editions, ZR-1's, anniversary editions, etc. There are already 2 other forums for C5's.

Besides, I like being able to say what I like about the Z06 without being flamed by a wannabe or someone who's jealous of the best Vette ever produced.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

[This message has been edited by CorvetteSS (edited 01-21-2001).]

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SS,

What are your specific objections?

If it's being flamed for hooping up the Z, that activity will NOT be tolerated.

JC

·
Registered
496 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N4C5S:
SS,

What are your specific objections?

If it's being flamed for hooping up the Z, that activity will NOT be tolerated.

JC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, I get flamed regularly on the other forum and through personal e-mail for praising the Z06. It just gets old after a while. It's nice, even though the topics here have been a bit limited, to know I can come here and read about the Z06 without the "ZR-1 is still king of the hill", or the "you think you're so good because you have a Z06" posts.

What's really needed is for the members of both forums to post the Z06 information here only. I often see the same post by the same people on both forums.

Personally, I don't think there's any way to stop the flames or negativity toward the Z06 if you add a general section. But to be brutally honest, I'm not sure the general C5 section would be used that much anyway. The other forum will always be the one where 98% of the topics will be posted unless there is a specific reason to post elsewhere.

However, the other forum does not have forums for the specialty cars. If you did, you would get more traffic over here.

JMHO

[This message has been edited by CorvetteSS (edited 01-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
SS, I agree with you that the Z06 should have its own section it is a very special car and deserves to be treated as such, but I believe that there are many things that all Vettes share like car care and maintance items. I think that this Forum can grow and we will all be better from what we learn from each other.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com

·
Registered
496 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hcvone:
SS, I agree with you that the Z06 should have its own section it is a very special car and deserves to be treated as such, but I believe that there are many things that all Vettes share like car care and maintance items. I think that this Forum can grow and we will all be better from what we learn from each other.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but there are other forums for non Z06 information.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know what the use volume objectives are and I guess if I did that would influence how I would structure the site.

Assuming that slow growth is Ok, I wouldn't compete head to head with the other two forums.

I do like the idea of other specialty RPO model sections as that is in keeping with the focused concept

------------------
2001 Quicksilver Z06 Valentine 1 Hardwire w/ remote; Stramosphere ZO6 logo mats.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I think there is room for a non Z06 area as long as the post go where they are supposed to.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I think it's clear that this forum is primarily focused on the Z06. I see no reason why we can't have sections for other Vettes.

Especially since I've noticed that in a lot of signatures there seem to be quite a few guys/gals that have more than one corvette.

I don't think that the forum will change if we have a C-5 section. Unless the moderators change the focus of the forum. Which it doesn't look like that will happen.

Will it JC? Frank?

------------------
T/R Z06 with Red/Black Interior.
Waiting on Halltech Titanium TRIC, Red CF Magic and Magic Box.

·
Registered
0 Posts
JMHO...

This site was created for the Z06. If we open up the Forum to other C5's, then we are inviting flame wars that we were trying to get away from.

This Forum is a sanctuary for Z06 owners. Other C5 owners are welcome to join and contribute. If we have common problems, then the non Z06 owners, I'm sure, would gladly help us out, as we would them.

I just think we would be detracting from our goals by creating a C5 section.

My 2 cents.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
154 Posts
MiZO6...

My thoughts exactly... I honestly don't think that those folks who were flaming the ZO6 will be here!

I'm just a pure lover of the CORVETTE no matter what color or race

------------------

[This message has been edited by NassBlue (edited 01-21-2001).]

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'll put in my .02...

I vote to keep it Z06 specific for now.

Concentrate on other features... a Z06 FAQ sheet, Z06 Hints and Tips, Z06 How-to's and such.

I personally believe if you start adding a general C5 that it won't catch on as well as the Z06 section. I think the Z06 section was needed for the growing cult of Z06 owners that the General is creating.

For regular C5 stuff I love the Corvette Forum and will still go there as often as I visit this site for info and don't feel people that post there will take the time to post the same questions here.

Also, with this site being Z06 specific, I feel that it's non-threatening to the Corvette Forum. Creating the general site may cause waves, keep people from joining the fun here. I don't have anything concrete to back up my last sentence... it's just a "feeling" and am giving my opinion. But doesn't anyone wonder why we haven't even gotten any contribution or even a simple hello from RAT on this site? I love the guy. He's helped me alot when I had questions about my Z06 and waiting on it and been waiting for him to show up here but haven't seen him yet. He has to know this site is here. For whatever reason that's his choice and I respect it.

One more other reason, if you keep adding so many cool sections, you will make my wife even angier at me now that I have to spend twice as long on the web visiting the two sites now

Don
QSZ06

------------------

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have to agree with SS!I'd persoally like to keep it just Z06!
Just a short time ago we were looking for a place to go,and BAM, now we have it.Being a member of the ZR1 NET, the ZR1 is treated for the special car that it is,the Z06 should be treated the same way!Having a place of its' own is the right thing.No offense to other C5 owners,my wife is one,they have the CORVETTE FORUM to go to.

The Z06 is just 7 months old, topics will come,new owners will come,more information will come with time and mileage,this site will grow, as it already has,with just Z06 topics!
I will support whichever way this goes,but my vote is to keep it Z06 and see what happens!

MIKE P.
Z06 RED/BLK
Z06 BLK/RED
ZR1 BLK SGC 368
00 COUPE BLK/LO

------------------
MIKE P.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, through private email and this, it's clear that we stay Z06 specific.

So it is written, so shall it be done.

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts

JC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pharoah has spoken!!
LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would rather see it stay Z06 specific without a C5 section. I'm just a regular C5 owner, but I am a big fan of the Z06 and enjoy reading your posts. Maybe someday I'll have a Z06 also. I believe those that have a real interest in the Z06 can still feel welcome without a C5 section. I think you have a special forum here and I'd keep it that way. I still have the Corvette Forum. Just my $0.02

ZZ

------------------

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
A General C5 section might be good for the cross talk that the '6 and the Reg C5 share...some of us will upgrade soon

If you are worried about folks hammering the 6, I wouldn't, you know what you drive and how special it is, what's it matter what people say about it. They don't own one and have probably never driven one, right?

All the magazines with such positive reviews can't be wrong.

RG

------------------
www.xmotorsports.com

Click here for our Forum Store

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Well, through private email and this, it's clear that we stay Z06 specific.

JC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JC, I would still think about adding some car care and maintance sections to the Z06 board to get more vistors to your site, just stay to the Z06 side of things.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com

1 - 20 of 54 Posts