Corvette Z06 Forum banner

OPINONS NEEDED - PLEASE RESPOND

5K views 53 replies 33 participants last post by  Mile High Z06 
I vote that you not create an open C5 section. I have thought, and almost suggested, that you could create more interest in this site by creating sections for limited edition Corvettes such as pace cars, collecor editions, ZR-1's, anniversary editions, etc. There are already 2 other forums for C5's.

Besides, I like being able to say what I like about the Z06 without being flamed by a wannabe or someone who's jealous of the best Vette ever produced.

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: vette92@texas.net
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

[This message has been edited by CorvetteSS (edited 01-21-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N4C5S:
SS,

What are your specific objections?

If it's being flamed for hooping up the Z, that activity will NOT be tolerated.

JC
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As I said, I get flamed regularly on the other forum and through personal e-mail for praising the Z06. It just gets old after a while. It's nice, even though the topics here have been a bit limited, to know I can come here and read about the Z06 without the "ZR-1 is still king of the hill", or the "you think you're so good because you have a Z06" posts.

What's really needed is for the members of both forums to post the Z06 information here only. I often see the same post by the same people on both forums.

Personally, I don't think there's any way to stop the flames or negativity toward the Z06 if you add a general section. But to be brutally honest, I'm not sure the general C5 section would be used that much anyway. The other forum will always be the one where 98% of the topics will be posted unless there is a specific reason to post elsewhere.

However, the other forum does not have forums for the specialty cars. If you did, you would get more traffic over here.

JMHO

[This message has been edited by CorvetteSS (edited 01-21-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hcvone:
SS, I agree with you that the Z06 should have its own section it is a very special car and deserves to be treated as such, but I believe that there are many things that all Vettes share like car care and maintance items. I think that this Forum can grow and we will all be better from what we learn from each other.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but there are other forums for non Z06 information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.