Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Love or Hate the new hood

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have only seen that hood on a couple of cars.It looked good on the dark color.I don't love it..but I don't hate it either..
I do believe it does extract alot of heat.. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
stevep1794 said:
Opinion - Too much going on with it. Too many rises and vents.
:yeadog:
It kinda reminds me of a backward Trans-Am hood. I prefer cleaner lines. JMHO

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nice hood, but it is too busy looking. Looks like a firebird hood in reverse. Would look good on a black car I think.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
In my top two. It may not be for everyone, but I love it and it is nice that not everyone has it.:cheers:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I Passed a Honda on my way to work with that exaxct same hood! :D . No not really, but I do like it and I think it would look good on a yellow vette with black grilles in the holes.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Not too thrilled about the "ducting". Just too much going on there. Too bad you already bought this one...I think you would really like the one that MCM offers.

Charlie

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I'm also in the middle between love and hate. I can say this, you'll never find it on my car. :lol:

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
My mother told me if I don't have anything good to say, then to not say a thing. So let me say this..............

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
stevep1794 said:
my mom told me, if you dont have anything good to say...make sure everyone in the room can hear it...
So I guess you and Norm are not related :crazy:

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think it will look fine on your car, and will definately help performance wise. The pictures on ecklers.com are horrible and don't do the hood justice. I've seen the hood in person, and it looks much more subtle form than ground rather than the airial views ecklers posted on thier website. Congrats! Post some pics of your own once you get it installed.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Can you point out a supporting vendor that sells THAT hood?

Charlie

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
They edited out the pic because it was of a product sold by a non supporting vendor.

FRC, I'm sorry, you are a mod and have the right, but why? Did the guy post a link to the non-supporting site? Doesn't that close us off from other ideas about modding a car? Seems a little overly protective to me, if he was only posting a pic of a proposed mod.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts