Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I have the red top in my Coupe. They have a web site that lists the part numbers. I had the yellow top first but it gave up in about a year. I went to the red top after that and it work great.

D.J.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I think it's 35/75. Red top.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I had the 34/78 in mine (slightly larger than the 35/75), but have since pulled it out. Do a search for Optima on here. A lot of people have had problems finding "good" Optimas.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Javelin said:
I had the 34/78 in mine (slightly larger than the 35/75), but have since pulled it out. Do a search for Optima on here. A lot of people have had problems finding "good" Optimas.
Thank's...I picked up a 35/75. Sounds like the Optima is another crap shoot. I'll keep my fingers crossed, for it,my clutch, my rearend,etc etc.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The latest part number is 75/25 :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Don't just try to save money, buy from a store/vendor that has the best return/problem policy.

Good luck,
Alex

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Look at the built date code to see how long it has been at the store.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PerforminNorman said:
Sounds to me like she's ready to fire. :sneaky: :jammin: Please let me know, I want to be there.
Will do.... I'll need somebody to handle the fire extinguisher. :jawdrop: I've got a little electrical to work out yet. Maybe tomorrow night.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
KCMAGS said:
Will do.... I'll need somebody to handle the fire extinguisher. :jawdrop: I've got a little electrical to work out yet. Maybe tomorrow night.
Sounds good. I'm like Tim Taylor. I'm good with a fire extinguisher. :cheers:

·
Registered
239 Posts
OneQuickCoupe said:
I have the red top in my Coupe. They have a web site that lists the part numbers. I had the yellow top first but it gave up in about a year. I went to the red top after that and it work great.

D.J.
The yellow top is not meant for our application because it is a duty cycle. It is meant to be completely run down then recharged. For instance if you had a boat or one of those electric golf carts you would use one. Red is the correct choice for our cars.

·
Registered
597 Posts
KCMAGS said:
I'm getting extremely burned out at work and need a KC road trip. Let me know when you guys are planning to get together and I'll see if I can make the trip. I haven't had any good bbq for a long time.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
KCMAGS said:
Where on the battery will I find it?
The first character is the year. The following three numeric characters are the days of the year. For example, 3123=3 May 2003. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
IT L GO said:
The first character is the year. The following three numeric characters are the days of the year. For example, 3123=3 May 2003. :cheers:
Just to add another input. Go check out my thread:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69575

I asked how to read the date code, and Optima said the first digit is the year, and the next 3 digits the Julian date. So a date code of 4208 means it was made on the 208th day of 2004. This equates to early July, 2004. This was the date code of the dead Optima I bought, so it was about 4 months old.
See my comments in the thread above ... bring a voltmeter to the store with you! :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I'm in the process of installing Braille lightweight battery. It weighs 11 Lbs. It's power output it comparable to the factory battery at a 1/3 of the weight. :z: :z:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts