Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know what you're all thinking, but it has been months since placing my order. I was starting to think that the dealership may not even get the order in this year based on what other members have said about getting so called "great deals." I've been watching the "Order Information" page for weeks and weeks and have always seen the same old "No TPW yet" comment. Imagine my surprise when I checked it today and it had "3000 No TPW yet." I changed my order several weeks ago and added R8C. I wonder if I'll get the car by the end of October? Hell, I'll be happy to get the car by the end of the year the way things have been going. :D ...... I know 3000 status isn't a big deal, but I've been having devilish grin all day now. I guess it only gets better from here. The only bad part now is waiting for the next phase....

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Cyaford,

"The only bad part now is waiting for the next phase...."

Will all be here for ya.........................

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

While waiting, :cheers:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Great Color Combo!! (We will be twins:D ) Hang in there!:cheers:

I'll get mine in about 2 weeks:p :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JZ said:

I'll get mine in about 2 weeks:p :D
Thanks, I feel so much better now. :( :( .......... Actually, I do feel better in knowing that in the next few weeks, I'll be able to say that. :D :D

IMA Z06: That's what makes it that much harder. I try to stay away and do other activities that aren't car related, but I always keep coming back. I feel like a junkie or something.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CYA, it is difficult, very much so. All of us in the same line as you can personally attest to that. Once you reach "3000" you should be able to see light at the end of the tunnel. ;)

·
Registered
991 Posts
No matter who or where you are, the waiting game is the craps. I did the waiting game, and now as I understand the car was built today, game over.Its a "hang in there" deal. Choose a dealer that does get Z06, not just a wishing dealer.
Jim and Carol

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I am in the same situation.
My dealer did call me last week (a week after he had finally told me the week before that he got an allocation) to tell me that he had a very tentative TPW of 10/8. He said not to pin too much on that as they still change at this stage.
I was real excited to see that I was at 3000 (he said that he would get back to me with my event status) on 1fastdogs update page.
Hopefully yours will be right in there with mine, if not sooner. I too have E Blue, but I opted for black interior.

chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fcalmes said:
cyaford,

Seems like you have been waiting FOREVER!! I sure hope you get it soon. :yeadog:
Once again, thanks Frank for answering my many e-mails in the past. Yeah, it's been awhile since I've last e-mailed you. It was probably around the same time I placed my order. So yes, it's been a LONG time. What pisses me off is that my dealer told me he had an allocation at the time I placed my order. He did have the allocation, but it wasn't for a Z06. Oh well, at over $4K off MSRP, I'm estatic to be getting the car before years end..... I still haven't forgot about the beer I owe ya. I'm sure I'll be seeing you at BG in the next year or so. Later.........

JLH Z06: As stated above, I did order form a "wishing" dealer. I gues the "wishing" is over now. :D

chrisj: Man, that would be AWESOME if my car has a TPW of 10/8. Since I just hit 3000 status with no TPW, I was guessing 10/15 at the earliest. Of course I have no idea how the process works as far as how fast the order goes through after hitting 3000. I'm sure it depeds on any constraints etc.. It took me about 3 hours to get the mod red added to my order. The dealership kept telling me that you couldn't get that combo. I even showed them pics of the combo on hte net. Thanks to Frank and a few others, I set them straight. :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
cyaford said:

Once again, thanks Frank for answering my many e-mails in the past. Yeah, it's been awhile since I've last e-mailed you. It was probably around the same time I placed my order. So yes, it's been a LONG time. What pisses me off is that my dealer told me he had an allocation at the time I placed my order. He did have the allocation, but it wasn't for a Z06. Oh well, at over $4K off MSRP, I'm estatic to be getting the car before years end..... I still haven't forgot about the beer I owe ya. I'm sure I'll be seeing you at BG in the next year or so. Later.........

JLH Z06: As stated above, I did order form a "wishing" dealer. I gues the "wishing" is over now. :D

chrisj: Man, that would be AWESOME if my car has a TPW of 10/8. Since I just hit 3000 status with no TPW, I was guessing 10/15 at the earliest. Of course I have no idea how the process works as far as how fast the order goes through after hitting 3000. I'm sure it depeds on any constraints etc.. It took me about 3 hours to get the mod red added to my order. The dealership kept telling me that you couldn't get that combo. I even showed them pics of the combo on hte net. Thanks to Frank and a few others, I set them straight. :)
I guess it's awesome then! Check the list! 3100!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1fastdog said:

I guess it's awesome then! Check the list! 3100!
1fastdog: YOU ARE 'DA MAN!!!! I know you hear this every day, but "THANK YOU!!" You have really made my week. Looks like I'll be able to get in on the 2.9% deal. WOW!!! And to think I was just at 3000 to begin the week. Looks like I'll be waiting for the folks at the museum to be giving me a call. With the waiting I've been doing, what's an extra week or two? Thanks again!!!

chrisj: Yep, looks like mine will be right in there with yours. We're almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Hey buddy, we ARE right in line together. I read this post and then scrambled to find the sequence page to see if mine was updated too. My coworkers looked at me funny when I jumped up and down at work.
:)

I talked to my dealer about the 2.9 and the museum delivery. Here is what he said. Since you sign all the paperwork before you go to pick it up, that is the delivery date. All you have to do to get the low rates is take delivery by the end of Oct. For them to "deliver" the car to you (since we are both doing museum delivery) all that GM has to do is release the invoice to the dealer and then you are ready to sign.
My guy said not only was it probable that I would get this, but very likely. Now that I have the new 3100 info, life is even better. My car just got cheaper. Go General Go!!

chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
chrisj said:
I talked to my dealer about the 2.9 and the museum delivery. Here is what he said. Since you sign all the paperwork before you go to pick it up, that is the delivery date. All you have to do to get the low rates is take delivery by the end of Oct. For them to "deliver" the car to you (since we are both doing museum delivery) all that GM has to do is release the invoice to the dealer and then you are ready to sign.
My guy said not only was it probable that I would get this, but very likely. Now that I have the new 3100 info, life is even better. My car just got cheaper. Go General Go!!

chris
I also called my dealer after hearing about the TPW. When I asked him about the paperwork and stuff that they would need to get me the low APR, his reply was all that they needed was a valid VIN number. He did go on to say that he has never done a museum delivery and he is not completely sure what all he would need if somehow they didn't get all the paperwork before Oct 31........ With a TPW of 10/8, I think we're both in extremely good shape.......... :D :D :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts