Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is what is going on. I ordered a 02 EB Z06 on August 14th. My order #DPGG1Z. My file number is C05330666. The original production dat ewas slated for Sept 3rd. I have called Chevrolet at the 1 800 222-1020 and they have acknowledged the order but say there is no production date as of yet. My dealer on the other hand tells me that the production date has been moved to Sept 17th. I WANT MY DAMN CAR!!!!!!!!! Kerbeck has 3 of them siting on the lot and if I have to I will get my deposit back and Drive to New Jersey.

Can anyone on this website(who may work at GM) help???????????

Jim

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Hello,

September 17'th sounds right. I also ordered my car on August 14th. This time frame is correct.I've been told the same week.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what else do you know?

Hey Torch,
Did they originally tell you sept 3rd? I just got a callback from Chevy and they said my order status was 3000. When do you think we can expect delivery?? Man this is terrible waiting isn't it?

Jim
:(

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
My experience in using Chevy customer service to find out the status of my car build information was that it was a waste of time. The information from the dealer is likely to be more accurate. Someone is lying, but it is probably NOT your dealer in this case. :)

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
My experience in using Chevy customer service to find out the status of my car build information was that it was a waste of time. The information from the dealer is likely to be more accurate. Someone is lying, but it is probably NOT your dealer in this case. :)
The order is at 3000 status which means the TPW is perhaps correct but not absolutely firm enough to be reliable. Customer assistance won't release a TPW until it's reasonably firm.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Never rely on ANYTHING that GM customer service relates to you; they are the most mis-informed and un-informed group of people that exist. They are simply a bunch of low paid individuals that sit in front of computer screens all day, make promises that cannot be kept and then log in your call for the next person to repeat the procedure.
I am still waiting for them to return 8 calls made by me to them in July asking specific questions about the 2002 Z06 Corvette. When I call back they tell me that "the file has been closed" and that my request for information has been satisfied.
Hope that your dealer (their representative in the field) is "on top of things".
Best regards,
Z ZERO 6

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Jim,
I was never told Sept 3rd.My order status as of last week is 3000.Order status for this week should chande to 3100.Hope this helps.G:)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Bob,

Was that due to the wheel shortage.OUCH!!!!:sad:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Placed my order on May24th.....received a tentative tpw of 8/20,then on 8/3,received the dreaded call that it had changed to 9/17...Still at 3000 status as of last week!!!!! :puke:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Unless all of you gus got killer deals on your Z06's, you guys should consider another dealer with a larger allocation.

Check with Rick aniel, one of our Preferred Vendors. He should be able to get one for you.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
VPRKLLR said:
Unless all of you gus got killer deals on your Z06's, you guys should consider another dealer with a larger allocation.

Check with Rick Daniel, one of our Preferred Vendors. He should be able to get one for you.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
VPRKLLR said:

Check with Rick aniel, one of our Preferred Vendors. He should be able to get one for you.
Have a great Deal with the Dealer!! Waited this long...And will wait out these remaining few days.....

Rick Daniel and Maxie Price may get them quick....but the Deal wasn't there......$2000 off sticker for me!! And hopefully just 3 weeks from today is the TPW!!

Zman

·
Registered
40 Posts
jimsalone,

I hope everything works out. I lucked out on 8/21/01 walked into dealer who had allocation of MY Z06 with TPW pused out from July to 9/3. I bought the car at MSRP and got my Seq # 7035 today. GM says it is being built on 9/4 or 9/5 and I"ll be there in BG. The people on this forum are very helpful and feel your pain! The dealer can make the whole experiance great! Kelly Chev. in Hallandale Beach, Fl is great. I would recommend them for sure!
Even the owner got involved to ensure a personalized tour in BG.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
fcalmes said:
Well, you could check out one of our supporting vendors. He is offering them below MSRP and 6 week delivery.
All Z06s' Frank,except Millennium Yellow,are offered at a discount....Just can't see the reasoning for not offering the MYs' at the same $500 discount. :-?
So what if they are hard to come by! To me,it is just another way to molest one of your peers.....:( But.....it is their business and I must add.......Rick Daniels has helped many on this Forum..and for that.....I commend him!!:cheers:
The Zman

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
ZZERO6 said:
Never rely on ANYTHING that GM customer service relates to you; they are the most mis-informed and un-informed group of people that exist. They are simply a bunch of low paid individuals that sit in front of computer screens all day, make promises that cannot be kept and then log in your call for the next person to repeat the procedure.
I am still waiting for them to return 8 calls made by me to them in July asking specific questions about the 2002 Z06 Corvette. When I call back they tell me that "the file has been closed" and that my request for information has been satisfied.
Hope that your dealer (their representative in the field) is "on top of things".
Best regards,
Z ZERO 6
Here, here - maybe we should call them GM customer DIService . I concur with ZZERO6.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I can sure feel your frustration. I had the same thing. Wanted to purchase from a dealer near me. First dealer stole $2500.00 from me. (I will be getting it back, only after BBB and an attorney)
Second said they already had the allocation. NOT.
They did now get the allocation and the deal seems to be moving forward now. Next time,,, You can bet I will be at a dealer well known on this forum. Rick and Monica have been super in helping me understand the process. They are a long way from where I am but I would not even think about another. Hang in there, I am but have learned a valuable lesson. Allocation is the word.:)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
zman said:

All Z06s' Frank,except Millennium Yellow,are offered at a discount....Just can't see the reasoning for not offering the MYs' at the same $500 discount. :-?
So what if they are hard to come by! To me,it is just another way to molest one of your peers.....:( But.....it is their business and I must add.......Rick Daniels has helped many on this Forum..and for that.....I commend him!!:cheers:
The Zman
I will not allow the color of one car to come between me and the goodwill of members on this Forum. If a M/Y is what you want I will extend the same offer on it. But I must be honest I can`t get them ether. Out of approx. 40 Z06s allocated to us so far for the 2002 model year we have got 2 M/Y Z06s. One was on order for 5 weeks before going to status 1101 but still no TPW. It is almost like ordering a 1963 Z06, they are that hard to get.
:( But if you a willing to wait I am willing to try and get one for you.:D

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
jimsalone said:
Ok here is what is going on. I ordered a 02 EB Z06 on August 14th. My order #DPGG1Z. My file number is C05330666. The original production dat ewas slated for Sept 3rd. I have called Chevrolet at the 1 800 222-1020 and they have acknowledged the order but say there is no production date as of yet. My dealer on the other hand tells me that the production date has been moved to Sept 17th. I WANT MY DAMN CAR!!!!!!!!! Kerbeck has 3 of them siting on the lot and if I have to I will get my deposit back and Drive to New Jersey.

Can anyone on this website(who may work at GM) help???????????

Jim
Sorry about the delays, but if you placed a custom order on 8/14 there was never a chance that it would be built by 9/3. If you latched on to an existing order in the system you could buy one day and have the car be built the following day. 8/14 to 9/17 is about right. My car was custom ordered on 7/24 and built on 8/23. Good Luck! jerboa :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.