Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
I noticed one update said shipped to dealer, are you able to tell us if the car has been shipped?

My dealer is useless. I've asked for the build sheet, he said he can't get it, I asked for the VIN, he said he won't have it for another week. I asked for the Rail car so I can track it, he never returned my call or email.

The dealer that is delivering the car, said he has no clue when it will arrive until the truck pulls up.

1FD... what would we do with out you.. other than go insane!!

Thank you so much for all the tracking and updating.. I'm sure you already know how much we appreciate it.. but it can't be said enough... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

:cheers: :guiness: :D :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Thx2, as soon as you get the keys, you should give that cat a swift kick in the jewels and find another dealership for service......

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
Thanks 1Fastdog! I am glad to see that my dealer actually gave me good info.

Looks like I might get a MONSTER car built on Halloween with a TPW of 10-29!

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
N4C5S said:
Thx2, as soon as you get the keys, you should give that cat a swift kick in the jewels and find another dealership for service......

JC
Well, I called GM C/S and they called my dealer (Les Stanford), spoke to the GM on the desk. Within 2 minutes my sales rep was leaving me a message. hmmm

The GM (Scott) told me to call him anytime.. we'll see if that helps. They also said they should have the VIN by Tuesday and will try to get me the rail car #.. but then said it should be here by 11/1/01. Yeah right.. just a WAG I presume.

Since Stanford is out of state, they obviously won't be servicing the car and the courtesy delivery dealer is pretty much a commercial vehicle shop only, so I doubt I will let them service the car. I will be interviewing many delaers prior to getting that baby serviced by anyone.

I did tell the dealer not to buff out the car when it arrives. We'll see, just in case, I've got the Zaino ready and plan to take a few days off from work to break her in on my drive to see Jim @ Halltech.

Next stop is a clear bra, then a ripper (unless Hurst becomes available by some miracle), then some black SS stripes on hood, roof and truck, then wheels. Since I only live 25 miles from the HRE factory, I'll cruise up there and see what they've got :D . then I should go back to work since I'll be broke :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Since Stanford is out of state, they obviously won't be servicing the car and the courtesy delivery dealer is pretty much a commercial vehicle shop only, so I doubt I will let them service the car.
So you have the same potential dilemma that I do.. We both hope our cars will arrive 'perfect'.

But what happens if your Z needs fixes before you accept it, and your Courtesy Delivery dealer isn't qualified to do the job (say paint work if they don't have a body shop)??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
BrianK said:
So you have the same potential dilemma that I do.. We both hope our cars will arrive 'perfect'.

But what happens if your Z needs fixes before you accept it, and your Courtesy Delivery dealer isn't qualified to do the job (say paint work if they don't have a body shop)??
That's one good thing, they do have a good body shop.. that's the only saving grace, G-D forbid something happens to her. They are one of the oldest dealerships in the area, so MAYBE they can do body work... but that's minor.. stuff can always be made to look better.. as long as she runs fast and strong, without rattles, I'll be happy. :D

There are plenty of great body shops around, but I hope I never need one! :cheers: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx2.net said:
I noticed one update said shipped to dealer, are you able to tell us if the car has been shipped?

My dealer is useless. I've asked for the build sheet, he said he can't get it, I asked for the VIN, he said he won't have it for another week. I asked for the Rail car so I can track it, he never returned my call or email.

The dealer that is delivering the car, said he has no clue when it will arrive until the truck pulls up.

1FD... what would we do with out you.. other than go insane!!

Thank you so much for all the tracking and updating.. I'm sure you already know how much we appreciate it.. but it can't be said enough... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

:cheers: :guiness: :D :z:

That entry for info by the customer was answered that way due to the entry being made after the vehicle was built and shipped...

I don't have the time to track past build. I hope you understand. I know it's hard to wait in the "dark", but once built, the vehicle is usually within a 2 week or less time to dealer schedule. There are exceptions, but most of the time that's how it goes. The dealer is invoiced for the car before it gets there... there's only so long they will wait after "paying" for the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Thanks 1Fast,

Yeah.. it's hard to wait in the dark for sure.. I was just wondering how soon after they build it does it actually get on a train. Just curious. Thanks again for ALL your help.. getting so close I can taste it.. I'm giddy with excitement, this is cool.. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thx2.net said:
Thanks 1Fast,

Yeah.. it's hard to wait in the dark for sure.. I was just wondering how soon after they build it does it actually get on a train. Just curious. Thanks again for ALL your help.. getting so close I can taste it.. I'm giddy with excitement, this is cool.. :D
No problem, thanks for understanding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
thx2.net, my dealer is also Les Standford and I'm doing a courtesy delivery to a local dealer. The local dealer was kinda surprised when I had a few special requests regarding prepping as if it were a crime to be concerned about my car. Well I tell you what, when I get the call that the car arrived I'll tell the dealer not to do anything until I get there. Supervising the whole prepping process is the best way to go about it I think.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top