Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got thu reading all 10 pages of the thread about updating order #s and I can`t believe that their is that many sales people not doing their job. Forgive me for venting but as a sales person my self I get a bad rap from what these people are or are not doing. It is a sales persons JOB to inform his customers of what is going on with their order. I get updates on 10 to 12 orders a week for my customers and am glad to do it. It is part of the deal. I had one customer that wanted an update 2 to 3 times a week at first and I gave them to her. This is the only problem I have with being in auto sales, and that is being stereotyped with sales people like this. Fastdog you have saved the skin of a lot of sales people. I am glad I am not one of them. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Rick,

You could not have said it better. If you stay to your cause and keep us as informed as you have you will garner many sales here. All we want is the Truth. As most vette buyers are informed of what they are buying. Stay cool..........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
878 Posts
I could not agree more... My rep said they would keep me posted, but I have to initiate every call and I get the same BS. Perplexed and still waiting..

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Rick - I think you are pretty fortunate to work at a dealership that can actually deliver cars and not just keep their fingers crossed and hope that an order may actually be accepted. The fact you can make a living selling Vettes nearly exclusively makes you a pretty rare bird too. I wonder what percentage of dealerships sell the number of Vettes in a year that you have sitting on the ground right now? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've met quite a few salespeople that seemed sincere, but the attrition rate is amazing in this business. It's rare to return to a dealership and find the same person there.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zoomin you may have a point about the # of vettes I have to sell. But on the other side of that coin you would think that if a sales person gets very few chances to sell a vette he would be even more accomadateing to his customer. I guess I take a lot for granted in resept to other sales people. I have been here 4 years now and no one else can keep my customers in Vetttes. At least in the south. I would stick out in the north. lol /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

[email protected]
Click WWW above for my home page.

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-20 19:33, Rick Daniel spewed forth this drivel:
This is the only problem I have with being in auto sales, and that is being stereotyped with sales people like this
Rick, you mean you don't wear a cheap pastel leisure suit and white patten leather shoes?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif JK

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Frank you crack me up. No I don`t and their are pics on the banner pics site that Vince took to prove it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

I just got thu reading all 10 pages of the thread about updating order #s and I can`t believe that their is that many sales people not doing their job.
Believe it Rick. Misleading statements, half-truths and outright lies are what some of us have been dealing with on order status.

This is a smart customer base. But yet all too many dealers treat us as too stupid to know when we're being bullshitted.

Nothing pisses off the customer more than finding out they have been lied to by the vendor. The dealer is the brands representitive to the customer. The more the dealer lies, the more it destroys brand loyalty (are you listening GM?).

There should be a way that the customer can get an honest/accurate assesment of their order status and how much longer they will have to wait.

Lucky for Chevy, I've owned 9 Chevrolet products to date, so my brand loyalty is high.

If the Z06 wasn't such a great car, I would be looking elsewhere.

Frankly Rick, you deserve to pick up their lost sales... Remember, we will keep you honest. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06 Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6 - DOA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/All but PSMs
Try #2 - Order# DNFM0T - TPW 8/20!!!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I could not agree more about some dealers.When I bought my 01 coupe from a local dealer here in so cal it was kind of a black hole issue.You gave your deposit and never heard from them again.It was like pulling teeth to get ANYTHING from them.Because of this i'm glad i'm doing business with Mr Daniel who trully understands what his job is what what the customer needs are.Greg PS.Is a plug ok???? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Rick, along the same lines is the irreparable harm being done by dealers that persist in marking up the cars to obscene levels of profitability. This is especially true here in Northern CA, which in part is why so many of us are buying from out of state dealers such as yourself. No harm in that and in fact in many cases we are getting great deals by doing so. HOWEVER, at the core of this is something rather sinister about the car business.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind a salesman not doing his job very well. We have this great resource on the Z06 forum to find out things we need to know, which is not the official communcations channel of Chevrolet, but close enough. BUT, I do mind very much when a dealer and their sales people all expect customers to pay well over the sticker price to buy a popular new car.

A dealer should "add value" somewhere along the line, especially when the customer is buying a $50,000 car. And the best way to do that is to provide outstanding customer service. Dare I say it . . . very few do. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've resorted to calling the 800# to get my update. If I had the $$$, I would've gladly ordered the Z from a supporting dealer, but I can wait several more weeks for delivery and put up with no updates on my order for a few grand less than the big guys. I guess it goes back to, "You get what you pay for." I'll just be happy when my car finally comes..........

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-20 19:33, Rick Daniel spewed forth this drivel:

Fastdog you have saved the skin of a lot of sales people. I am glad I am not one of them. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

Well, I doubt they will "spiff" me...

I don't mind doing it on the short term. Let's just say I have my reasons for keeping Corvette folks happy. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Long ago and far away I sold cars. Corvettes don't have to be "sold" but they do require a excellent delivery. It's a two minute "sale" and at least a two hour delivery to maximize the customer's chance to really enjoy the car's ability to deliver a great experience.

As a matter of fact, when I bought my FRC, the salesman was pretty nervous, for some reason, and not all that hip to the car. I asked him if I could show him how to deliver a 'vette...he said sure, and I think I left him knowing more about the car and people,... I hope he got it.

>

·
Registered
186 Posts
Most dealers just sell cars (a car is a car is a car) and once they get you to sign they could care less when it comes in. Status! They act like its a big deal and it takes time away from them selling the next car to someone else. Sales people sitting on Corvette's in the showroom is another class less thing they do. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif
I do NCM delivery, that way the dealer will not jack up the price when the car comes in and its well cared for until I drive it off.
And if you do it on Labor Day Weekend you'll have lot's of help looking over the car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
I've had good luck so far and my dealer treats me good, others have not been so lucky.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts

On 2001-08-21 10:53, Rick Daniel spewed forth this drivel:
1fastdog could we hire you back? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I like Georgia! Don't tempt me... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rick--

Find my earlier posts---and call me ASAP---I am tired of my dealer and I am ready to drive.

--Jeff Nation
Frisco, TX
972-608-0898

1 - 16 of 16 Posts