Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long does it generally take from the time you place your order until you take delivery? My dealer said it could be quite a while.

Electron Blue order #DPNN4H

·
Registered
221 Posts
It depends /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Mostly it depends on your dealer's allocation. Some can get you a car in about 8 weeks from order; others will take 8 months....it all depends on their allocation from GM based on the previous year's sales....Also, constrained vehicles like MY also would take longer

·
Registered
197 Posts
In my case, I placed my order on May 15th or so. The Z was delivered July 31. You must take nto account that production of the 02 model year did not start until June 26, the two week factory shutdown surrounding the 4th of July and that my delivery was delayed for one week. Hope this helps cuz I just confused the crap out of myself. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,024 Posts

On 2001-08-22 09:53, jnation spewed forth this drivel:
How long does it generally take from the time you place your order until you take delivery? My dealer said it could be quite a while.

Electron Blue order #DPNN4H
jnation you have mail. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

On Avg. 6 weeks!!
:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
Mine was ordered 8 weeks ago and it's no where in sight.. make sure you chose the right dealer.:cry:

I did get a rocking price, but if time is money, it cost me dearly...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
please elaborate---I placed my order thru a Ray Huffines in N. Dallas---not a small time dealer by any means-----what have you experienced with your dealership----This is my second purchase through this dealer----but the first was just a SUV that I gave away to the top salesperson in my company. It was on the lot---a Tahoe.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ordered 7/9 @ Team Chevy (a big one), their initial estimate was 8 - 10 weeks: got TPW of 8/20 on 7/26, event code 3100; advanced to 3400 8/7; build started 8/22; VIN assigned 8/23; dealer ETA....could be next week!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts