Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at buying a used pair from a member. THey are from a '99 so I would have to buy an '01 and up air tube. Does anyone know of any other difficulties I may have putting these on my '03? I understand that these have a 2 7/8 outlet vs the current models that have 3". Do you know of the difference in perfomance or difference's in construction that I would not want these?

Thanks

DROID

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
droid said:
I looking at buying a used pair from a member. They are from a '99 so I would have to buy an '01 and up air tube. Does anyone know of any other difficulties I may have putting these on my '03? I understand that these have a 2 7/8 outlet vs the current models that have 3". Do you know of the difference in performance or difference's in construction that I would not want these?

Thanks

DROID
I have seen those Header's in person. Those headers are Extremely well made. That's all I know.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I have a set of the original hand made LG's on my '03 installed in early '03. They are awesome and should outlast the car. The collectors were much better with these vs. the Borla made Pro LT's of today and I feel make up any difference between the 2 7/8" vs. 3" outlet. I guess it depends on what you are paying for them. :thumb:

Bob :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rpallas said:
I have a set of the original hand made LG's on my '03 installed in early '03. They are awesome and should outlast the car. The collectors were much better with these vs. the Borla made Pro LT's of today and I feel make up any difference between the 2 7/8" vs. 3" outlet. I guess it depends on what you are paying for them. :thumb:

Bob :D
$900 shipped. I feel this is good how bout you guys? That is with cats and offroad pipes and around 6000 miles on the system.

DROID

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
droid said:
$900 shipped. I feel this is good how bout you guys? That is with cats and offroad pipes and around 6000 miles on the system.

DROID
You got a steal. Those Headers were around 2800.00 new. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
IT L GO said:
You got a steal. Those Headers were around 2800.00 new. :jammin: :jammin:
Droid, be like Nike.........Do It! $2,800 is what I paid for mine new. The collectors are worth $600 more than the current ones alone. Get readdddy to "rumble"!!!!! :cheers:

Bob :thumb:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rpallas said:
Droid, be like Nike.........Do It! $2,800 is what I paid for mine new. The collectors are worth $600 more than the current ones alone. Get readdddy to "rumble"!!!!! :cheers:

Bob :thumb:

Alright you guys helped as usual. I am going to get em'. The member even offered to ship them without payment and if I like them then buy if not pay for shipping back. I do not think I can lose. What great folks on this forum.

thanks

DROID

1 - 7 of 7 Posts