Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of the Brian Redman Classic at Road America this past weekend. All Vintage race cars. Real Vettes. Real Cobras. Real Trans AM cars. Real Can Am cars

This just makes me sick as I have driven some of those cars.

Apparently after pace car exitted, GREEN flag was NOT waved but rear of pack thought race was ON, sped up to catch up to leaders, who had slowed to 50 MPH.

So this all happened on the false grid BEFORE the start of the race.

http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005

·
Registered
744 Posts
Gee Frickin' Willikers! :jawdrop: I thought Vintage Racing was supposed to be low key! I just raced RA with MWC the prior weekend in my Z.....Was everybody OK?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was at turn 3 for the day, so didn't see the carnage :eek: . It's hard to believe that they had to actually cancel that race. I guess there will have to be flagman at the pedestrian bridge from now on.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yunz finally did it ,made a grown man cry, seeing all of those vintage racers totaled. What a waste. We just had The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, last weekend, mostly old British cars but entertaining . Runs on city park roads ,with a few races held at BeaveRun. Wishing to attend older Vetts, Ford ,Pont. etc. races.

GASH EB 02

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
:cry: :cry: A race with very few rules or driver requirements is just plain :screwy:

·
Banned
809 Posts
GASH said:
Yunz finally did it ,made a grown man cry, seeing all of those vintage racers totaled. What a waste. We just had The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix, last weekend, mostly old British cars but entertaining . Runs on city park roads ,with a few races held at BeaveRun. Wishing to attend older Vetts, Ford ,Pont. etc. races.

GASH EB 02
As bad as that is, at least they had fun with the cars before the accident. Some guys never fully enjoy their cars. They stick them away in garages with the outside chance that they might make more money back on them someday than just putting the money in a regular old savings account.

Plus, these guys can still fix them. I doubt that they're totalled. This just adds a little patina. A little character.

Sal

·
Registered
307 Posts
That was painfull to look at. I can't even imagine how the car owners feel! A sad day for everyone. I am glad no one was hurt badly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts