Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well it happened. I have a 3 foot stone wall lining both sides of my driveway and I brushed it this morning on my way out to work. Got the rear passenger wheel, the rear passenger side marker, and a smal (but fixable) scrape on the rear passenger wheel well.

When I heard that scrape my heart sank, thought it was much worse. The estimate is $2700 from my body shop, mostly because the two passenger wheels (front and rear)are so expensive ($2000)

The "good news" is I also scraped the front passenger wheel a little and the cost of those puppies (combined $2000) will allow me get the car fixed, order a set of chrome Z06 rims for $1450, and it will still cover the $500 deductible on my insurance.

So I get four new wheels, the car fixed, and my deductible gets reimbursed. OK, that helps wipe away the tears.

BTW I have one good as new rear orignal 01 Z06 Wheel that I will be selling if anyone is interested in an extra. Retail from GM is $1043, will let it go for $600-$650.

Let me know...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ouch! You mean you still went to work today? You shoulda taken atleast 1 day of morning! One note about those chrome wheels. There was some talk about speed rating for wheels on Z06Vette.com a little while back. I'd check to make sure that the wheels will stand up at high speeds. I might be interested in the Z06 wheel. Was it 1 17" or 18"? Also, are you planning on going to the Corvette dyno Day in Worcester sept. 29th?

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dave, I did think about a day of mourning, but I knew I had to be strong and get through the pain.

The extra wheel will be an 18" rear wheel.

Not sure yet if I am going to the Dyno day or not, how many others are planning on going, do we know. If nothing else I would like to meet a few of the folks...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hey the Zs family, shoulda taken the whole day! For Dyno Day I definately going to be there and I think Dan from Litchfield will be there for Z06s. It's open to all Corvettes so I'm not sure how many will be there. Oh yea, there's a guy from Cheshire, ct that said he'll probably make it. I'm waiting for New Endgland Dyno to get their web site setup for the event. I think they said it'll be ready by the end of the week. How long have you had your Z?
Dave

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Mark,

Sorry to hear about that i feel your pain.I'm very fussy and would be kicking my own ass for a while!!!:(

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave, had the Z since February, been driving daily (barring major bad weather) since April. What is the url for New England Dyno so I can get the details of the Dyno Day, I will try and make it.

Torched, thanks for the sympathy, my ass is as bright red as my car from the kicking I have given myself.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Mark,

Here's the URL www.nedyno.com , I think it's also posted on the calendar. Don't kick yourself too hard. I've done dumber things than that! Here's my email address if you want to talk about the wheel. [email protected] Take care.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Dave, why not put out a post to see who might be going? I am planning on going. We should drive down together.

Mark, sorry to hear about the boo boo. But, I sure would love to see that torch red with 5 spoke chromies. I am thinking of taking the weight penalty or getting another set of wheels for when I am not at the track and 5 spoke chromies would be my choice. I have seen pictures, but I need to see them live!

I too, am looking to meet some of the folks from the area.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So let's set up to meet the morning of the Dyno Day for Breakfast and drive out together. Name the place and the time...

Probably going to go with the chrome Z06 wheels, seen several pictures of them here and like the look, still Z06'ish and distinctive, but brighter...

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I'm up for it...I'm pretty sure Dan's up for it. We'll try and pick a place around Chelmsford which is central for all of us. I just don't know any places in Chelmsford. I'll ask around at the 8 ball league tonight. That's at the Drum Hill rotary in Chelmsford.

Dave

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think Mark has a Z06vette.com banner! I can hide behind that! Oh, Maybe we can take a trip to St Mathews and see if Destany wants to pose with us and the banner?? Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds good...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Dave Bernasconi said:
I think Mark has a Z06vette.com banner! I can hide behind that! Oh, Maybe we can take a trip to St Mathews and see if Destany wants to pose with us and the banner?? Just a thought!
She seemed to be worried about the rules of the place the last time. But since you seem to be such personal friends, maybe you could arrange something. That would be big banner points, she is better than any I have seen on the boards. And so sweet too!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Gee, you know you can get the wheels repaired for much less than replacing them - plus you can get the polished at the same time at an excellent wheel shop.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've done silly shit like that also----just wait--- I bet you I will knock off a side view mirror in the first 12 months while backing out of the garage in the morning----without my coffee I tend to be useless.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Dave Bernasconi
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She seemed to be worried about the rules of the place the last time. But since you seem to be such personal friends, maybe you could arrange something. That would be big banner points, she is better than any I have seen on the boards. And so sweet too!

I guess I'll just have to keep stopping by St Mathews and pester her! :cheers: :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts