Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE Absolute worst dealer I have ever dealt with, bar none. Horrible. They messed my Vette up, big time.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
rz01 said:
THE Absolute worst dealer I have ever dealt with, bar none. Horrible. They messed my Vette up, big time.
What happened? :-?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
rz01 said:

They did 2 things

1) Did the column lock recall on my PCM when I told them NOT to. I had an FI tune in there of cousre. That meant I had to drive my car to ECS with a crappy running car and pay for a re-tune.

2) Scratched my rims big time. They said they would pay for it but never did.

All I did is want an oil change and check my tire pressure. That's it. It took me about $1500 to get my car back to original order.

I wish we did not have to deal with dealers.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, When the clearcoat stared to decay on the rear bumper paint of my 96 Impala (after only one year) they wouldn't even touch it because of the mileage (90k+) Even though the rest of the car looked showroom new. No scratches dents or issues anywhere else on the car. They wanted me to produce all my receipts from oil changes to even talk about it. (My mothers GP had a similar issue with the louvers on the hood and pontiac painted it for free regardless of the mileage nearly 5 years later!)

Getting off subject. I find the best dealer in MD is Sport Chevrolet. They have a mechanic there that works solely on corvettes (he was able to replace the rear suspension in my '64 as well as align it. Try that at NTB!) They do all the warranty work as well as oddball stuff on my Vettes (including fixing the c5 passenger window problems that show up on everyone's car.) They are understanding about mods and won't flash the computer if you tell them not to.

Price? Average. Corvette mechanics are never a bargain, but they aren't any higher than any other dealer. Turn around time is pretty quick too.

Tony's Corvette shop is in Gaithersburg, (they have my Z06 right now.) I like dealing with them. Expensive, but quality work usually is.

Good luck with your next fix

·
Registered
891 Posts
Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg is very good for warranty work. Joe Hughes is their exclusive Vette mechanic, and he has always treated me well. My experience with Tony's is that they do very good work, but they tend to be expensive for the work performed. I recently paid Tony $325 to have a DRM oil cooler installed and $175 for a track alignment.

·
Registered
214 Posts
rz01 said:
All I did is want an oil change and check my tire pressure. That's it. It took me about $1500 to get my car back to original order.

I wish we did not have to deal with dealers.

You can do those both yourself in less than an hour for under $50

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bob said:
Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg is very good for warranty work. Joe Hughes is their exclusive Vette mechanic, and he has always treated me well. My experience with Tony's is that they do very good work, but they tend to be expensive for the work performed. I recently paid Tony $325 to have a DRM oil cooler installed and $175 for a track alignment.

I heard the same report about Criswell's. I'll check them out. I'll also check out Sports.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
891 Posts
rz01 said:
I heard the same report about Criswell's. I'll check them out. I'll also check out Sports.

Thanks for the info.
When you call Criswell, ask for Bill Buckley (Bill is the Service Advisor for Vettes) and tell him that you only want Joe Hughes to work on your car.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I agree with Z16-C5R, I have some custom work done to my vette and I wouldn't take it anywhere but back to Sport. The head Vette Tech is very nice, and a GREAT mechanic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts