Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...so I'm driving down the highway the other day going about 80MPH when I feel the car start to stutter. I look down and all gauges look normal, but the car starts to stutter and stall out. I make it off the freeway and stall out on the offramp...a CHP officer was kind enough to help me push it off to the side of the road.

I had almost a half a tank of gas (only 150 miles on the trip meter) and the car is stalled out and WILL NOT start. I get a tow to the closest gas station and "fill up" the car, it only takes 10 gallons, the car starts up fine and drives normal.

I'm afraid to put more than 100 miles on a tank now and I have no idea what could be wrong with it. I don't want to take it to the dealer (still under warranty), because they will keep the car for weeks and probably never figure anything out.

What the hell is wrong with my Z? :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
JagdStealth said:
...so I'm driving down the highway the other day going about 80MPH when I feel the car start to stutter. I look down and all gauges look normal, but the car starts to stutter and stall out. I make it off the freeway and stall out on the offramp...a CHP officer was kind enough to help me push it off to the side of the road.

I had almost a half a tank of gas (only 150 miles on the trip meter) and the car is stalled out and WILL NOT start. I get a tow to the closest gas station and "fill up" the car, it only takes 10 gallons, the car starts up fine and drives normal.

I'm afraid to put more than 100 miles on a tank now and I have no idea what could be wrong with it. I don't want to take it to the dealer (still under warranty), because they will keep the car for weeks and probably never figure anything out

What the hell is wrong with my Z? :(
Vetts have TWO fuel tanks my guess is your only feeding from one, just my $.02
Bob :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
OLDGUY said:
Vetts have TWO fuel tanks my guess is your only feeding from one, just my $.02
Bob :cheers:
That's my guess also. :z:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I never thought of that! At least I have something to shoot for when I take it in to the dealership.

Maybe they can fix my "broken" gas guage too :rolleyes:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey since our cars have two gas tanks what is the mechanism that switches the fuel pump between the tanks? Im assuming that we only have one fuel pump right??

·
Registered
259 Posts
corvettedarryl said:
Hey since our cars have two gas tanks what is the mechanism that switches the fuel pump between the tanks? Im assuming that we only have one fuel pump right??
I think It is called a siphon jet pump. It transfers fuel from the right side tank to the left . The engine is fed from the left tank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts