Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time on this web site. Looks like a ton of info on Z06's. I am thinking about my first Vette and I want it to be a Z06. I am not in a hurry and want a deal that gets me the $2002 rebate and another $3k off. It seems like some dealers out of California are more willing to offer this.

Has anyone who lives in California (with our tough emissions controls, YF5 Emission Equipment, California option) purchased a car from another state and brought it in? Did you have any problems with the DMV? Even though I may save some $$ what hidden charges did you incur (smog check, registration, license, etc)?

Any particular out of state dealer would you recommend?

What about the GM warranty? Did the local dealer give you any problems to service a Vette that was not purchased in state?:) :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
As for out of state dealers recommended there is a list on the supported section.
<-------------------------------

As for support from local dealer. It is a chevrolet and all dealer service departments cover them. dats the rules :) I haven't found any dealer for any manufacturer that does not support their own brand of vehicles from another dealer. Now as to whether they are good at it or have parts on hand is a totally different question.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Yes!

Bill Estes Chev. Indiana. Bob Benedix sales forum supporting dealer. Smooth as glass. Am very happy. anything I could help you with, E-mail me.

2k :cool:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There was an earlier thread that claimed that all Z06's meet all state emission requirements. The same thread had a response that claimed that the only difference on a California car was a different emissions sticker.

Someone step in, if I am wrong.

Get one soon and drive safely!!!!!!!!!!

:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Rosso,

My car is living proof that post was wrong. You must have it smogged when you register, but I had no problems. The sticker under hood has 50 state certified.

Piece of cake and I saved $ 10,000.

2k :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yo, 2k...

You had to smog your new Z06 when you took delivery? :-? I thought since it was 50 state certified you wouldn't have to. I just ordered a new Z06 and was wondering.... do I have to smog the Z when it's delivered to CA?

No big deal... I'm sure there won't be a problem. :D

Ps. Wow... saved $10k, right on! :cheers:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Y2k2,

The $ 10K saving was due to local dealers getting that amount over MSRP. I got mine for MSRP.

CA requires any out of state vehicke to be smogged. If you order from an out of state dealer you can get it with the CA smog tag and it doesn't have to be smogged. Mine was built for the dealer's state.

My son lives in Petaluma. Sometime we're over there we could look you up.

The best on your new Z. You're gonna love it!!

Welcome to life in The People's Republic of California,

·
Registered
670 Posts
Hey thanks for the info!

Your son lives in Petaluma? I was borned and raised there. Moved to Rohnert Park (aka Rodent Park :lol: ) back in 89', cheaper housing!

I should have the Z06 sometime early March. We should definitely hook up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts