Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around to getting my Z out of hibernation, where it's been since late November.
Took it off the battery tender, took the tires down to 30psi cold, and fired it up. She popped right to life, which means I got the new plugs and wires in right over the winter. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Took her out for a spin. I forgot how much I missed the feel of kick ass acceleration. My Mountaineer leaves a bit to be desired on that score. However, I wound out big time to 6200RPM, in second, and missed third gear /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_redface.gif
No biggie, I was not power shifting, and hit fifth, I guess. Should have know better than to get wippy without a little more practice. Battery is fully charged, and she runs strong with the new air box and filter.
Now I join everyone else on the oil consumption watch.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I only got to drive mine for 3 weeks before I put her down for the winter. I forgot how much fun it can be to drive. I can hardly wait until I can wash the car myself.

I do see trouble brewing - I do have a lead foot and love to pass. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Congrats Dennis! Sure feels good to drive the Vet again doesn't it!

Had mine up to 81mph for the first time today (not completely broken in yet) and I was cruisin in 6th gear, center lane of the xway, and a four door Olds Cutlass comes up fast behind me in the left lane....he gets next to me and matches my speed :confusion: I look over and see a uniformed cop wearing a big shiny badge on his shirt! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
Oh s***! My immediate thought was I am going to get my first Z06 ticket! He stares at the car, and speeds away! Whew, that was close.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dennis,

I highly recommend throwing that POS stock shifter in the trash!! Any shifter will be better than the stock. That will stop you from missing shifts.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I am pulling mine out of the garage tomorrow, the over 65 degree rule will happen (Frank no not your age /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif ) First time since Nov. 7th, winter sucked this year big time.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know what you mean Carl. I gotta check my Zanio inventory now. Will place an order soon.

Z

·
0 Posts
Back in the dark ages of 1963 we did the same things that you guys are doing. First to go was the shifter replaced by Hurst Comp. Plus then the wheels and tires were replace with either ET Mags or Torque Thrusters. Keep the legend going and save the wave.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dennis
I know the feeling /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif On Thursday I suddenly developed and eye problem.........I couldn't see myself going into work hehehehe /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif so I went cruising ALL day. It was a great day here, 55 and sunny. The car was loving the cool air. We have had our second heaviest snow fall in the history of Buffalo NY this year..........needless to say I am ready for it to be over /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Enjoy that Z06.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dennis, Im glad to hear you can finally drive your beast. I still havent decided on on air box mod, but increased driving opportunities should motivate me. Good Luck

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Candyman:

You guys have had the crappy wheather like the Upper Mid-West (it's snowing right now here). The KN w/ open air box seemed to wake it up a bit. Hope you get to drive it soon. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts