Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a code and check engine light today for P0480: Fan Contrl Relay 1 problem. In stop and go, coolant reaches 250, but on hwy, goes back to normal.

There was a plastic bag that got stuck and then finally shreded in the left fan. After that, the temps started acting as above.

Does the code indicate I just have to replace the relay, and perhaps fuse? Are these located in the fuse box under the hood? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Thx!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Your owners manual will tell you where the relays are located. In stop and go, the fan is not functioning so the temps go up. On the hwy, you have higher speed constant air flowing over the radiator, as a fan would do (if it worked) so the temps come down. My guess is the fan motor burned out or the relay burned out because it was trying to turn the fan but it couldnt. The relay is probably easier to change than the fan so I would try that first, JMO.

Jim

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Sounds like you may have a lot of debris blocking the air flow to the radiator. Check under the front and see if there is any leaves etc in front blocking the air flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts