Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was exchanging e-mails with a woman in our Vette club this afternoon. She is also someone I graduated from high school with in 1965. Anyway, her and her husband just ordered a new C6 red with Z51 suspension.

I told her it looks like it will be spring time before I get my Z and that I was seriously thinking about forgetting it and trying to pick up a new Viper Coupe when they are released this fall.

Her reply: "I can understand your frustration. Don't understand the delay since they've had the design and been planning on building those things for MONTHS. You wouldn't really go to a Dodge would you That would be almost traitorous. You could buy a new '06 with the Z51 suspension (which is what we got on ours) and then supercharge it. That'd give you around 500 hp, too. And it would be about $15,000 cheaper. I know it wouldn't be a ZO6, but it wouldn't be something from the enemy camp either."

I've actually never owned a Dodge but a Viper doesn't seem to be a real Dodge.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Of course, I have never drive either one, I mean a new Z or a Viper. Made a mistake and sold my 02 Z three months ago because a guy at work took me up on $35k. Guess I shouldn't complain too much but driving my S-10 truck or even her BMW 540 just isn't the same.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
If you are 58 years young then the short wait until you get your Z is a drop in the bucket. You sound like me when I was a small boy waiting to open my Christmas gifts. The wait is all part of the fun of getting something special. It is special, the wait isn't very long. Get that calender out and start crossing off the days. That new Z is around the next bend in the road. Enjoy the experience.

D.J.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OneQuickCoupe said:
If you are 58 years young then the short wait until you get your Z is a drop in the bucket. You sound like me when I was a small boy waiting to open my Christmas gifts. The wait is all part of the fun of getting something special. It is special, the wait isn't very long. Get that calender out and start crossing off the days. That new Z is around the next bend in the road. Enjoy the experience.

D.J.
Actually I am just stubborn. A dealer offered me one in November for $6k over list. Even though I have the money I won't pay over list for any car.

And you're right, half the fun is waiting; however, I have never actually wanted a specific car this bad now that I can afford such toys.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
johniew398 said:
Actually I am just stubborn. A dealer offered me one in November for $6k over list. Even though I have the money I won't pay over list for any car.

And you're right, half the fun is waiting; however, I have never actually wanted a specific car this bad now that I can afford such toys.
You are doing something you have never done before and paying yourself to do it. Best of both worlds. You may want to drive your new Z over to the dealership that tried to screw you and let them have a look. You are no fool but they were foolish IMHO. They lost a customer over money. If they gave you a good deal you would tell everyone what a great dealership they have. Lot's of free advertising. Right now you are letting everyone know how much they suck. Free good advertising is priceless.

D.J. ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
AndyZ06 said:
This lady sounds like another clueless woman who thinks she knows everything, but really knows nothing.
Actually, she sounds like the ranting Tetra on this board.

I do not care for the zealots of the world who can't see past their own self-imposed 'idol', and likewise blindly chastise those who don't bow down and worship as they do.

IF you do like the Viper, buy it; I have a real soft-spot for the beautiful GTS.

·
Registered
515 Posts
It is painful buying but more fun driving! Wait and get the best Corvette ever built! I am considering a 96 or 97 Blue GTS Viper for a member of my stable also!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts