Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2016 Z06, 30k miles with the A8

car has headers and Borla mufflers currently. Super loud and pretty sure the catalytic converters have been removed from the exhaust to run straight.
Problem I am getting, is when the car gets to 200 or a little over on temp, it seems to be sluggish and run like crap.
I was running a Dodge Charger scat pack and the car threw up reduced engine power, and just went limp on me.
Went home and pulled the codes and I get the P00EA code and 0420 and 0430 for the catalytic converters.
i was told the car had been tuned before getting it, so I just assumed the 0420 and 0430 would have been tuned out to keep engine light off. But I’m wondering if the P00EA code is the one reducing my power???
could it be a bad tune in the car as well??

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,934 Posts
You need to correct this ASAP as the ECM uses this for correcting AFR and fuel trims changes required
Make sure the wiring connector for the sensor is firmly plugged in or is faulty or wiring problem

The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor 3 is a variable resistor that changes an Engine Control Module (ECM) supplied 5 V signal.
The signal varies with intake manifold air temperature and is displayed by the scan tool as °C (°F).
The IAT sensor 3 is integrated with the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor in the intake manifold.

The ECM provides a ground for the IAT sensor 3 low reference circuit.
The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will be set when the ECM detects that the IAT sensor 3 signal is warmer than 149°C (300°F) for at least 5 sec

If the tune was done after the CATS taken were out, the person doing the tuning did a crappy job and not quality checking his work

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this sensor the one in the back of the supercharger on driver side, pushed up in the firewall?

i have the car scheduled Monday for a place to dyno it and re tune the car. Maybe they can figure it out once they plug into it

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,934 Posts
I do not know, but it is supposed to be also a MAP sensor

I surely would not be doing any dyno runs with that as the sensor is in there due to engine being boosted
as it is needed to know what the hotter intake manifold air temps are for ECM to make fueling and timing changes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts