Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power do you think I could put down with Andy's P1 kit and an MTI forged 347 with a 228 232 cam on a 113? The rest is in the sig. The car put down 586 in the beginning. With a forged motor could I run more or just be happy with this number? I drove her home and was leaking oil pretty bad. Took it back and the they said the rings didn't seat well? They said it would be ready end of next week. I thought this number was low compared to some. I noticed a lot of black smoke coming out the exhaust especially when throttle was given. Shouldn't this motor come back super clean? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
That cam is what's killing your power... the 113* LSA is bleeding off boost. In other words, if you're putting in 10 psi, some of it is being released out throught the exhaust valve before combustion. The stock Z06 cam with its 117*+ LSA is a much better choice for FI.

BTW, how much boost were you running?

Hope this helps some. ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
SS930 said:
That cam is what's killing your power... the 113* LSA is bleeding off boost. In other words, if you're putting in 10 psi, some of it is being released out throught the exhaust valve before combustion. The stock Z06 cam with its 117*+ LSA is a much better choice for FI.

BTW, how much boost were you running?

Hope this helps some. ;)
I wonder if this is why I had no increase in boost when I went from a 4.10 pulley to a 3.85 when i did my motor swap.

Anyway....see my sig for mods and power results.

Jim

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
By what I know if you are just forging your motor and not adding boost for instance you will lose power because the internals are heavier therefore needs more power to rotate them,

The good think about forged is that you can have more power without braking as much, but you need more boost ect to get the power a stock motor would produce with less boost, correct me if Im wrong :p :yeadog:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Ran out of fuel need to go to 60# Injectors. 600 + is very possible :yeadog:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've got the 60# injectors. I think they just have it conservatively tuned.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
That's very conservative. I made 586 with the P1 and stock motor. Id be interested in hearing what your a/f and timing are set to. If you have a copy of your dyno results, here is mine for comparison.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't get the air/fuel on the last dyno they gave me. It just had the hp and torque curves. I'm going to talk to them early next week and make sure that the car is going to run right and get all the specs on it. Mine made 552 on the stock motor with more torque 496 than the forged setup.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
iamjdub59 said:
I didn't get the air/fuel on the last dyno they gave me. It just had the hp and torque curves. I'm going to talk to them early next week and make sure that the car is going to run right and get all the specs on it. Mine made 552 on the stock motor with more torque 496 than the forged setup.
Wow....those number sound off. Good luck with finding the problem.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
J. How is it going? sorry to hear your having trouble getting your car running right.

You cam is defintley too big for a supercharger setup. 21CM makes a very nice blower cam, i am also sure andy can direct you towards the cam selection.

As far as TQ # you will not see significant gains in terms of torque even if you up the boost. The p1sc is a smallish superchagers, that would be perfect for a stock motor or a forged motor running moderate amounts of boost. The p1sc makes most of its power in the higher revs.

Your car with the p1sc and the forged motor should put 650 to the wheels all day long at 11psi if setup right.

Dont take the car back unless its running right make em fix it!

Good luck

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
J. How is it going? sorry to hear your having trouble getting your car running right.

You cam is defintley too big for a supercharger setup. 21CM makes a very nice blower cam, i am also sure andy can direct you towards the cam selection.

As far as TQ # you will not see significant gains in terms of torque even if you up the boost. The p1sc is a smallish superchagers, that would be perfect for a stock motor or a forged motor running moderate amounts of boost. The p1sc makes most of its power in the higher revs.

Your car with the p1sc and the forged motor should put 650 to the wheels all day long at 11psi if setup right.

Dont take the car back unless its running right make em fix it!

Good luck
11psi? How do you get that? I just had Andy's stage II forged motor installed. At the same time Andy sent me a smaller pulley for the blower, going from a 4.10 to a 3.85. Before I had 8#'s of boost, I still only have 8# of boost with the smaller pulley. I've heard the boost did not go up due to the higher efficiency of my engine with the cam and AFR heads. Im thinking about going to a 3.7 pulley to get more boost.

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks H. I'm kind of dissapointed about the motor but I just want it back running right and strong. I'll be talking to them Monday about the motor and hopefully get things straightened out.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I am not sure what you are asking spdcrj, but i think you want to know how to get 11 psi out of a p1sc correct? I am not sure how you can do it, but a smaller pulley shoudl do it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
2002Z06Yellow said:
I am not sure what you are asking spdcrj, but i think you want to know how to get 11 psi out of a p1sc correct? I am not sure how you can do it, but a smaller pulley shoudl do it.
Im asking how to get 11psi out of a P1. I have a 3.8 pulley and only get 8psi. Im going to go to a 3.7 in the fall.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
spdrcrj said:
Im asking how to get 11psi out of a P1. I have a 3.8 pulley and only get 8psi. Im going to go to a 3.7 in the fall.
Just be careful and don't build a time bomb.
I assume you have modified your heads to lower the compression for running that small a pulley. Our stock C/R won't stand up to that type of boost very long.

Mike

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
Just be careful and don't build a time bomb.
I assume you have modified your heads to lower the compression for running that small a pulley. Our stock C/R won't stand up to that type of boost very long.

Mike
I have Andy's stage II forged motor and AFR 205cc heads. My cr is down to 9.5 to 1. Not sure about how much rwhp I want. When I bought the car I thought the stock power was more than I could ever use. :bang:

·
Registered
853 Posts
spdrcrj said:
Interesting question....I have a stock motor :guiness: , and have to decrease my boost, had the 3.85 pully with the old ATI setup,put Andys single intercooler and brackets on, and hit 11 lbs!![stock motor]!! So, have the 4.25 pully going back on tonight! Lucky i didnt blow the thing..
I will be going forged next year, and will want to run the max boost i can...Maybe the engine will only take so much boost, with current heads comp ratios?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts