Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So do you guys think we will have to get either 1LZ or the 2LZ package or will it be possible to get neither package. If this is the case what kind of stuff will be standard ie seats power windows locks and the like. What stuff do you think will be deleted from the 1LZ to the "base"
Also what are your guesses for the cost and difference in pricing between the two packages

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Air conditioning,dual zone electronic 1LZ / 2LZ
Cabin air filtration 1LZ / 2LZ
Floormats 1LZ / 2LZ
Foglamps 1LZ / 2LZ
HID lighting 1/LZ / 2LZ
HUD 1LZ / 2LZ
Seats, 6-way power driver/2-way manual pass.1/2 LZ
Stereo, AM/FM w/CD MP3 1LZ / 2LZ
Twilight Sentinel/Automatic headlamps 1LZ / 2LZ
Transmission, manual 1LZ / 2LZ
Air bags, side 2LZ
HomeLink 2LZ
Luggage Shade ParcelNet 2LZ
MemoryPackage2LZ
Mirror, autodimming & compass 2LZ
Power telescoping steering column 2LZ
Seats, heated 2LZ
Stereo, Bose premium audio/CD 6-disc changer 2LZ
XM Satellite radio 2LZ

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks i have seen the one page brochure i was wondering about between a base car and a 1LZ if thats even possible...and the pricing of the various packages.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
warhawkmcdaniel said:
Pricing isn't out yet but go to the Corvette website to get a good estimate. Biuld a car and look at the price changes.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/
I guess everyone isnt understanding me...i know that pricing isnt out yet, i have a c6 that i am currently selling to get the new z06. I know what the package diffences are like on the stock c6 i was wondering based off that what you guys think the z06 packages will be like, for instance there are certain things standard such as the HUD which is only included in the packages on the c6 coupe/vert. Anyway any speculation on what the packages might cost would be good. And also still havent heard whether we will have to get a package or you can get the z without the 1LZ in just a "base" model.

·
Registered
203 Posts
yogivette said:
I guess everyone isnt understanding me...i know that pricing isnt out yet, i have a c6 that i am currently selling to get the new z06. I know what the package diffences are like on the stock c6 i was wondering based off that what you guys think the z06 packages will be like, for instance there are certain things standard such as the HUD which is only included in the packages on the c6 coupe/vert. Anyway any speculation on what the packages might cost would be good. And also still havent heard whether we will have to get a package or you can get the z without the 1LZ in just a "base" model.
My understanding so far is there is no "base" only 1LZ and 2LZ. 1LZ means you can't get telescoping, side airbags, heated seats, memory, cargo net etc.. BUT you can get nav, upgraded stereo and XM as added cost options on 1LZ. I forget what or if upgraded stereo is standard on 2LZ. I know I am missing some details but thats the gist.

Bob

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You must choose one of the Preferred Equipment Groups; 1LZ or 2LZ. You can not order a car without a PEG. Has to be one or the other.

Base with 1LZ includes:
- DIC
- Floormats
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- "Z06" Emroidered Seats
- Halogen Foglamps
- Twilight Sentinel Headlamps
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Painted Wheels
- GY F1 Extended Mobility Tires
- HUD
- Xenon HID Headlamps

Base with 2LZ includes 1LZ plus
- Auto Dimming Mirror with Compass
- Heated Seats
- Homelink Transmitter
- Luggage Shade & Parcel Net
- Memory package
- Power Telesoping Steering Column
- Driver & Passenger Side-Impact Air bags
- BOSE Premium Audio System with 6-Disc CD Changer & XM Radio*
* Available as an option in 1LZ

Items Available as an Option in Both PEG's:
- Nav System with Blue Tooth Voice Activation
- XM Sat Radio
- Nav System with AM/FM Stereo, CD Player, BOSE Speakers & Amp
- Front License Plate Bracket
- Polished Wheels
- Seat Color Ebony OR,
- Seat Color Ebony with Gray Accent OR,
- Seat Color Ebony with Red Accent
- Bose Premium Audio System with 6-Disc CD Changer with XM Radio**
** Optional in 1LZ, Standard with 2LZ

·
Registered
179 Posts
novetteyet said:
What will the weight difference be?
On a track, the weight differences could only be felt by a serious competition driver. Considering the up-market price for the 2006 Z06 most dealers will opt for the 2LZ PKG, as a consideration for the money down guy perhaps will back off his right to purchase when the games begin, and most will want the loaded Z.
My Chevy store had a non power C6 convertible and was called twice weekly to buy it, hmm, gee wonder why, for that kinda money and 30lbs more sorry, the new owner wan'ts to press the button to put the top up or down.
In 1966 a 30lb deal, no way in hell, along with AC, power anything, ahh the times are a changing.
And this darn thing will approach 200 mph.
As in '84 everyone opted for the brutal Z-51 kidney busting suspension option.
I sincerely doubt this an issue with the new Z.
As not a fan of yellow, sure will not turn down my Z when my number comes up in Velocity Yellow, as the same shade as the C5R and C6R, which I mite add after a hic-up at Sebring is back on track after Road Atlanta, darn Aston Martins anyways.
And on another note, thanks for those that keep this forum focused about what we love, this neat car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts