Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll stay with the stick shift. It gives me a piece a mind that I can still get with the program. :usa:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You cats are changing my mind already. Will be at the O'Rielly Thunder Valley NHRA drags (5 miles away) all weekend if it won't rain like today for qualifying. Now that really gets you jacked up to race. :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I never driven a car with a paddle shifter. From a performance stand point it should make the car faster. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but it seems like it takes some of the fun out of driving. :eek:o:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Dual clutch sequential shift technology like Audi or Porsches PDK unit coming to market in 2 years.

The corvette deserves this as an option.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I would love a paddle shifter. Fast quick, rapid shifts for the big track, no miss shifts for drags. It's a beautiful thing :yeadog:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
CorvetteConti said:
paddle not on Z06......look for it on 2007 model
I might just have to break down and buy one of these...

Corvette Conti.....are you possibly discussing something w/ the paddle for the Z in 07?

·
Registered
451 Posts
THis thing doesnt look like PADDLE shift....it looks more like a Tiptronic or Tap Shift thing.....more like buttons, not like paddles.

If there were a true "paddle", I'd take that.

On these buttons, I'll have to drive first.

CHRIS :zboobie:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Automatic anything for a transmission has no place in a Corvette, IMHO. I wouldn't have a car with a paddle shift.

·
Registered
906 Posts
On a C6 Z06...
"REAL" Paddle - YES.
Phoney tap-shift auto-slushbox - HELL NO

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
IMHO:

Automatic: No way. OK for minivans, but not on a sports car, thankyouverymuch.

Manual: Goes without saying. The point is to drive the car.

Paddle: Tricky. On one hand, it takes a bunch of the fun out of driving the car. On the other, there are clear performance and shifting advantages to it. A good one can do some things better than you can.

What I really want is a dual mode system with a clutch, where I can drive it like a stick shift most of the time, but once in a while switch over into paddle shift mode.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
HarleyB said:
On a C6 Z06...
"REAL" Paddle - YES.
Phoney tap-shift auto-slushbox - HELL NO
Although I'd like the duality of paddle shift technology I'd still like to have a computerized clutch and a stick shift in the center console. :thumb:

The real deal or nothing

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
That's the way I would like to see it go too. If the clutch system has the smarts to queue up shifts and rev match then it would be a wonderful system to have. If it is just a glorified automatic then I would rather stay with the current manual system.

I do like the sequential shifter on the center console as opposed to the paddles on the steering column. I believe the last season of the C5R had that configuration. I know it requires taking your hands of the wheel and that's not ideal for high end performance racing. However, we are talking about a system that will be used mainly on the street. I just hate to see it have the look and feel of an x-box hand held controller.

JBsZ06 said:
Although I'd like the duality of paddle shift technology I'd still like to have a computerized clutch and a stick shift in the center console. :thumb:

The real deal or nothing

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I never anticipated a paddle only system..

I hope GM once it finally goes to a dual clutch sequential transmissions gives both a paddle system and a stick shift console selection device.

Using either or is a better way to fly..

What we've seen to date at GM is just a glorified automatic with paddles...

As far as I'm concerned its very nice but not something I would ever buy.

Stick shifts till GM does it up right...

JMO

1 - 20 of 21 Posts