Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like my fears have been realized. The members use the tool, but vendors are deadlocked on price.

It could be a great tool (for both members and vendors), for example, there are 13 sales waiting to happen on the Hardbar and Hurst shifter.

Will vendors allow these sales to go away or will they simply not participate?

Open for discussion.......

JC

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
JC

I think they feel they will get them anyway......one way or the other......which IF this is the case, is a losing proposition.......:(

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: JC

ZO6LS6 said:
I think they feel they will get them anyway......one way or the other......which IF this is the case, is a losing proposition.......:(
Gotta agree here, 13 people looking for two exact pkg's you think the vendor would jump it????

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
One question

My question is this. Lets say LAPD(or another vendor) offers the Hardbar for $50.00. How many of the 13 are willing to purchase at that price? If they knew all 13 would buy it at that price, it might be worth it for them to drop the price a little more. But, if only 2 people decide to buy at the $50.00 price, they are not making enough profit to make it worthwile. Make sense? :-?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Could the vendor break down the price into different ranges for the amount of orders they were to get? Let's say that the price of the hardbar would be $50 for a minimum of 5 orders then it would go to a lower range for 10 orders and so on. :-?

I like the idea of the paddock and I would like to see it work to it's full benefit.

Chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Paddock is a great idea but it's success relies on the vendor's participation. Maybe we don't have enough supporting vendors that carry the same product? Maybe it should be a timed event so if there is no price reduction by the vendors, then we bail on the purchase. Worse comes to worse then group purchases with some sort of a tiered price break (10 ppl=10% off, 20 ppl=20% off etc) like Chris Y2K FRC said.

At least LAPD stepped up to the plate with a discounted price. If more vendors participated, then more members would participate. You could sell alot of stuff that way:)

We can make this work somehow.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good feedback. Hopefully the vendors will read this and respond either here or privately if they choose......

JC

·
Registered
154 Posts
N4C5S said:
Good feedback. Hopefully the vendors will read this and respond either here or privately if they choose......

JC
I do not sell the items listed but this is a vendors point of view....

Some of the vendors are literally making pennies just to get a sale, I know what most of them pay for products and honestly there making pennies!

It's a lot of work to put a GP together, Sometimes these things hurt the customer more than do good!

just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Noel,

I agree.

BTW, I just spoke with you about ZFX. Thanks for the Xaino tips. I think I've got enough courage to try it now.

:D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
ROSSO Z said:
Noel,

I agree.

BTW, I just spoke with you about ZFX. Thanks for the Xaino tips. I think I've got enough courage to try it now.

:D
Rosso, you should have said something about Zaino when we sitting at the table at Evans seafood restuarant! I had the whole collection in my Z06's trunk!! I woulda let ya have it!

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts