Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

Thanks for all the responses at $147. :):)

Couple of items to make you aware of:

1. I have a current shipment due in Monday and those orders were pre sold at a price based on the quantity I purchased. Those sold orders include some of the paddock folks. I think I have attempted to send them all notes or have responded to them to confirm shipment. If they choose to still participate in the $147 price, then I will go to the next person on our list to send a unit Monday as promised.

2. Shipping nor state sales tax for Texas residents is not inlcuded in the $147 price.

3. We expect the next shipment to us around the end of the month. This is what we were told. With the delays on bringing the unit out, it may be longer but I have no hard proof of that and don't want to alarm anyone nor give them a false expectation of deilivery.

4. On the acceptance customers currently, I need you to call us, at 214 691 7950 during business hours on Monday or Tuesday, to confirm your order with your shipping info and credit card info. We will charge your card, reserve your unit, and ship same day it arrives.

5. Please let me know if I have missed anything you need to discuss here.:)

6. A un-named vendor has already called the folks at Hurst to complain of our low, low bid, so, I don't know how we can offer it in the future in such a public way. :( I got a call on Friday about it, and I have to abide by those guidelines.

7. Thanks again!!

RG

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
RG in Dallas said:
Please call us on Monday during business hours.:)

RG
Hello RG,

Do you need me to still call since you have all my info on file. If not please accept this as my undeniable YES I want mine :) Please send mine 3 day select if that is okay with you. (bill me :) )

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just want to thank RG for participating in the Paddock!! :cool: It's a win/win situation for everyone, just hope you didn't get into any problems with Hurst!! :( Thanks for sticking your neck out to help our members!! :cool:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
IMA Z06 said:

Ok, RG also your supposed to throw in there you accept the bid in the paddock, which gives other vendors the chance to go Lower.............
I only see a screen that tells me to add a price. :confused:

I am offering $147 plus shipping, for those prepaid, accepted orders.

RG

·
Registered
945 Posts
A un-named vendor has already called the folks at Hurst to complain of our low, low bid, so, I don't know how we can offer it in the future in such a public way. I got a call on Friday about it, and I have to abide by those guidelines.
The other vendor is probably also a supporting vendor here??? If I understand the rules of this paddock. After RG hits his "accept" button. Is there not a 3 day waiting period for another vendor to beat this price? So, the other vendor could also "step up" and put in a lower offer? I don't know how much they make on these shifters but even if it was just 20 dollars. 20 x 30 people here that are confirmed buyers = $600 versus $0 dollars and 30 people that will not be purchasing a shifter from them. 600 hundred is better than a goose egg!!!:cheers: Also, maybe a person will buy a shifter knob from that vendor too, so it could be more money to the vendor even at this cheap price.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2002blackZ06 said:

The other vendor is probably also a supporting vendor here???
I haven't alluded to that, stated that, nor want to leave the impression of that. I have no way of knowing. I was not told. This will happen when the price posting guidelines aren't followed from many vendors I deal with. It's not the selling price, but, the posted selling price.

RG

·
Registered
144 Posts
Paddock (Posted Price)

RG,
Maybe you could get with the moderators and see if there is a way they could add a "E-MAIL ME" position next to the "OFFER" position and those interested can either E-mail you or you E-mail those interested in the specified product your offer price. That way it protects you since it is not publicly posted and even tho another vendor can still find out what your "offer price" is; he can still either publically offer his price or broadcast it by the same "E-MAIL ME" function. I don't know all the details to make this work but there should be a way around the Public Offer Price to keep you and other vendors out of trouble with your suppliers and yet still benefit yourself and the Z06VETTE.com members. Anyway, I want to PUBLICLY THANK-YOU for participating in this great forum perk! I really think think both the buyer & seller can benefit in this Paddock feature. :cheers:

Chuck

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Re: Paddock (Posted Price)

TEXZ06 said:
RG,
Maybe you could get with the moderators and see if there is a way they could add a "E-MAIL ME" position next to the "OFFER" position and those interested can either E-mail you or you E-mail those interested in the specified product your offer price. That way it protects you since it is not publicly posted and even tho another vendor can still find out what your "offer price" is; he can still either publically offer his price or broadcast it by the same "E-MAIL ME" function. I don't know all the details to make this work but there should be a way around the Public Offer Price to keep you and other vendors out of trouble with your suppliers and yet still benefit yourself and the Z06VETTE.com members. Anyway, I want to PUBLICLY THANK-YOU for participating in this great forum perk! I really think think both the buyer & seller can benefit in this Paddock feature. :cheers:

Chuck
Paddock Guidelines

1. The price is the price is the price!

2. To participate, join the part you wish to purchase (no commitment) and wait until the price reaches your desired price. When this occurs, Accept the offer by clicking the link. A check will then show that you have accepted the offer and are ready to purchase the item. If the price continues to drop, then good for you, you will pay the lower price.

3. Once a vendor puts a price out and accepts, other vendors have 3 days to counter the offer. The time will be reset if another vendor should offer a lower bid.

4. After 3 days, the sale will be closed as final by the admins and the transactions can take place.

Please pay attention to your activity in the Paddock. To facilitate this, the parts that you have participated in and any new parts added will be displayed in your MyZ06Vette page.

I've tried to make these instructions very basic, above all, please be civil and act professional.

Thanks, and go get some deals!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I guess this means if the manufacturer has a priceing constraint on the wholesalers/retailers who sell their products that they cannot advertise any price below the manufacturer's set price then they cannot participate in the paddock...right? The wholesalers run a risks of not getting anymore product if they advertise a price lower than the price set by the manufacturer. This is a common practice in the manufacture to the retailer chain. I was just trying to find a way to protect our supporting vendors from being cut-off by the manufacturer if they try to participate in the paddock. If so, it may severely limit the number of supporting vendors than can post a lower than MSRP. Sorry if I was out of line.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
TEX,

Not out of line at all, Very good points indeed. In the paddock is members only and not technically advertising and we are all trying to make this work for all............

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
RG

I'm in! What time is best for we east coasters to call?

Mike

1 - 20 of 54 Posts