Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Calling: :z:

QSZO6_28
Phil C5
GNX Guy
omniglh
ADE 1000
Dennis Jurs

The weather looks great! Only a 70 degree high for next Tuesday -- Should be a Fast Tuesday night.

:z:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frank, I'll be there assuming I don't do something stupid at the dragstrip. ;) What kind of beer cooler fits best in the Z06?

:guiness:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like fun. :lol:

I think I can make it on Thursday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there ? I only get off work at around 4:00. With traffic, it could take forever to get there.

How is the track there? This would be my first time at the track, so I am a little nervous.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ADE 1000 said:
Sounds like fun. :lol:

I think I can make it on Thursday. Does anyone know how long it takes to get there ? I only get off work at around 4:00. With traffic, it could take forever to get there.

How is the track there? This would be my first time at the track, so I am a little nervous.
ADE,

We will be there *Tuesday* not Thursday. Don't be nervous - it's a piece of cake. You really have to go out of your way to hurt these cars.

Here is a simple dragrace how to:

1. Put the car in competitive mode (hold down the AH button for 5-6 seconds)
2. Stage the car (roll forward slowly until both the pre-stage and stage lights are on)
3. Rev the car to around 2000-2400 RPM at the light
4. The tree will start, when the last yellow light comes on (the one before the green light), side step/drop the clutch (*don't* slip the clutch).
5. After the car starts to move, floor it.
6. Steer the car straight down the track.
7. Shift just before redline, if your a little too slow to shift, the rev limiter will kick in to keep you from overreving the engine.
8. You will need to shift 3 times.
9. At the end of the run, get off the gas and brake to slow down.
10. Turn off the strip and pick up your time-sheet.

11. Wait in line and do it again :D

Here are the directions from Addison:

http://www.mapquest.com/cgi-bin/mqt...il&ZIP_1=&CC_1=US&POIRad=2.0&dir.x=63&dir.y=5

·
Registered
396 Posts
If the weather is good I'll be in Effingham. For the route 66, do you need any special safety equipment - like a helmet? How many times do you get to go? This sounds like it could be a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Paladin,

It's a blast, and it's safe and legal!

Here is a nice how-to link, ignore the stuff specific to the Probe GT:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/5335/dragfaq.htm

For a stock Z06 that runs in the 12s, you just need a helmet. Any snell certified motorcycle helmet will work fine.

How many runs you get depends on how busy it is. The earlier you get there, the more runs you'll get.

Hope to see you at the track and at the fun fest!
:cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pat,

Thanks a lot for the detailed response and the directions. I actually was thinking Tuesday, but typed Thursday for some reason. As it stands, I should be able to make it.

Do you know what time you are going to get there? If it is a quiet day at work I could possibly leave early.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Pmontelo,

Man this sounds like fun - I'm going to see if I can find a helmet and meet you out there. Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool :cool: , hope to see you guys there.

I'm going to leave work at about 4pm, should be there by about 4:40pm.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QSZO6_28
Phil C5
GNX Guy
omniglh
Dennis Jurs

Where are you dudes???

This is the next to the last "Test and Tune" at route 66 for the whole year. 9/11 and 9/18 and that's all she wrote. Don't miss out, our Z's will be put away for the winter soon :(

·
Registered
91 Posts
I do not think I will be at the dragstrip tonight in light of the attacks today. :eek:

I think I will be glued to the TV set trying to figure out what the hell is going on. :-?

Perhaps I will go next Tuesday provided that the world still exists

·
Registered
566 Posts
Pat:

Been off the net for awhile, just saw your post. Tuesday is a bad day for me to get down to Joliet. Sure some of the other guys may get there, however. Please let us know how your 02 goes.

the temps should be good for low ETs. :D

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys, I'm going to postpone this until next Tuesday due to todays terrorist attacks.

My prayers go out to everyone today.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last Test & Tune of the Season

I'll be heading to the track tomorrow by 4pm at the latest. Looks like the weather should cooperate early, but the rain starts at around 7pm.

I should have an M5 and Lexus GS400 joining me from work, it should be fun ;) .

Hope some of you guys can make it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.