Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim in one of my earlier post I asked a question about the LT fuel trims being too high with the blackwing. You stated that the design of the filter causes too much turbulance at the mouth of the meter that cause the system to run lean. The 01's had the screen in the mass air to straighten the flow-can I add this screen to my 02? Will this cure the problem? Can the screen be purchased on its own or do I have to buy a complete 01 mass air? Thanks

G

·
vortech said:
Jim in one of my earlier post I asked a question about the LT fuel trims being too high with the blackwing. You stated that the design of the filter causes too much turbulance at the mouth of the meter that cause the system to run lean. The 01's had the screen in the mass air to straighten the flow-can I add this screen to my 02? Will this cure the problem? Can the screen be purchased on its own or do I have to buy a complete 01 mass air? Thanks
No way to add the screen. You can purchase the 02 LS1 MAF to resolve the problem. It flows 880 cfm with the screen which is 280 cfm more than the 02 needs to make the rated HP.

Jim

G

·
Very nice runs

Good start at the track. Sorry about the tranny.

Let us know how the warranty works out. May be a problem if they feel you were in competition mode when it happened.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.