Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anxiously awaiting your commentary on the Route 66 Show...How did you like the auto-x? Facilities, drag strip, etc?

Your fans are waiting!! :cheers:

Pics?

Zipster :z: :z:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Route 66...hmmm...I seem to recall something about a vette event there....:(

OK, flame suit on:

I was totally unimpressed by the show. There was hardly anyone there (at least on Saturday when I was there) and the weather was cold/windy. It reminded me of a trade show gone bust (been to a few of those). I felt sorry for all the vendors that spent the money and time to be there.

It was good to meet Frank (finally ;)), Pat, JC, Ron, and GNX dude. I talked to MattG as well.

Granted, it was sunny, but the wind had me (and everyone else) FREEZING all day.

Maybe it was me - I didn't do any drag racing or AutoX - I'm sorta saving things for Gingerman this Saturday. I would have had more fun if I had gotten into it I think.

I will say that the facility is nice, and the AutoX course looked cool. I learned a lot about the drag racing by watching some runs. It's still not my bag, but I think it would be entertaining to try it once.

Sorry to rain on the parade...I guess I'm used to the local gatherings which are much more fun and entertaining.:guiness: :cheers:

I missed the after show evening activites also, which may have been the highlight.

So for all those that enjoyed the show...what did I miss? Maybe I was there at the wrong time or had too high of expectations?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ah Gingerman.. What tires are you running?

It will be interesting to hear how the car does (brakes, trans temps, etc).

Have you run Waterford yet? I'm curious what the Z06 is capable of there. Mid to high 1:18's were do-able in a stock C4.

·
Registered
765 Posts
BrianK said:
Ah Gingerman.. What tires are you running?

It will be interesting to hear how the car does (brakes, trans temps, etc).

Have you run Waterford yet? I'm curious what the Z06 is capable of there. Mid to high 1:18's were do-able in a stock C4.
I have not personally run Waterford in the Z, but I've ridden with others and instructed. I did beat the heck out of my Z24 there, does that count?:lol:

I'm running stock everything at Gingerman, other that the Ripper. I too am curious as to how the car will perform. Last time I raced there I was in a Formula Dodge car - things will be a little different this time for sure:eek: I've seen Heinricy's times in a stock 01 Z06 at Gingerman, so I know I've got to better them to be fast.:cool:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Have to agree with Todd. If you weren't racing, the show was deader than a door nail!! :( And, the freezing wind didn't help anything!! My highlites was riding shotgun with Ron Marks on the autocross and hooking up with new and old friends. :cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts