Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Zipster:

First on behalf of the forum members, we thank you for bringing us so many good info regarding the new Z.

You mentioned in another thread that one of your trusted friend witnessed a run at Beach Bend this weekend by the black Z06 that trapped 126.7mph. We had seen some videos and the best mph was a 123.23mph, I believe.

Can you confirm if that 126.7mph did happen or not. Many thanks!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Tetrau: All I can say is two good friends from the C5/6 Registry told me the times....I was not there, and can not verify it.

If I had known that the C6 Z06 was going to run at BB, I would have changed my plans, and gone to BB.

None the less, before long the car mags will get production built cars to test, and we'll have all the data. :thumb:

BTW, I used to live in Northglenn, CO, and plan on driving from our Z06 Fest to "Vettes On The Rockies," in Breckenridge, CO. Looking forward to meeting you. :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Zippy. You know how it is, I can't wait to get some real official times for the Z. This car though looks to be the real deaal. 123.23mph is th highest mph I see in the video. Under the condition that was, it was great indication that this car has what it advertised.

Breckenridge in the summer is absulotely gorgeous. A Z06 high speed run through the mountains would be the ultimately fun. Look forward to it. :cheers:

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
I would imagine if the C6 Z06 ran 124mph at BG then it would run 127mph at most other tracks like Englishtown NJ. Maybe even better.

I am amazed at the poor times achieved at BG.

Maybe its the prep? Maybe the altitude...? Maybe the track runs uphill..

Just seen this over the years at the various corvette events with various modified and stock cars..

Fwiw..

·
Registered
240 Posts
i dont see it run better then 11.7
(maybe few that are build stronger then other-but most will not break 11.7!!)
Most likely between [email protected]

Thats my opinion. I think some people are giving it more credit then it deserve. Some even said it will run 11.2...come on now!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redbull said:
i dont see it run better then 11.7
(maybe few that are build stronger then other-but most will not break 11.7!!)
Most likely between [email protected]
I definitely disagree with that. On the Video, one run shows a time of 12.068 at 120.97mph. On another run it had 123.23 trp with a ET of 12.2xx. If like everyone says, the Beach Bend track is slow. The day was overcast and windy. A 124mph ~ 127mph trap is indicative of the kind of power that will help the new Z easily achieve a 11.5 or 11.6 run with good drivers.

The question is will most of the new Z owners achieve this? The aswer is most likely not. Since a lot new Z owners will not drag this car and another bunch won't drag enough to know how to get the power out of it. Anyone who had owned a car and dragged it often would know what I am talking about. It takes a lot of practice to get to know your car and to get te best out of it. Generally it takes roughly 2 seasons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts