Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

I realize that this is the most knowledgeable group of Corvette people on the planet, so I figured I'd bring my question here instead of to the dealer or someone from GM (who I have less confidence in)...

Anyway, I'm getting part of my car repainted, and the paint code on my glove box sticker is "U 519F". The car is a 2001 Z06 Quicksilver Metallic. The problem is that the shop tells me that the U 519F code corresponds to "Galaxy Silver Metallic," which appears to be a code for other GM cars, but is not used on the Corvette (as far as I know).

Does anyone know if Galaxy Silver is the same as Quicksilver, but GM just used a different name for the Corvette? Does anyone know why my paint code would correspond to something other than Quicksilver? I'd obviously like my new rear bumper to match the rest of the car...

Thanks in advance... :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Paint code 12 519F is the correct paint code for a 2001 thru 2003 Z06. This color was also used on other GM cars I believe. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Galaxy Silver is Quicksilver. :yeadog:

Gm just gives fancy names to their colors when they apply them to Corvettes.

Same with nassua blue, bowling green metallic, mag. red, etc., etc.
First used on the 1999 bonneville.
Here's the 2001 GM paint code list and all the cars that share
WA519F / 12 Galaxy Silver Met

Monte Carlo Lumina
Impala
Grand Prix
Intrigue
Regal
Corvette
Aurora
Bonneville
Aurora
Bonneville
Deville
Eldorado
Grand Am / Alero
LeSabre
Malibu
Park Avenue
Seville

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
12U Quicksilver Metallic WA-519F RPO code and paint number.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm safe in telling the shop to paint it Galaxy Silver because it's the same paint as Quicksilver...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
proexpert said:
Tom is a walking and talking Corvette encyclopedia. :thumb:
The guy knows his stuff. Like I said, I trust people on here more than people at GM... hence why I told the shop to go ahead and paint the part based on his info...

(Tom, if I have a funny-colored bumper, I'm coming after you!) :rofl:

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
GatorZ said:
Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'm safe in telling the shop to paint it Galaxy Silver because it's the same paint as Quicksilver...
It's all in the code, Gator.
:D

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
GatorZ said:
The guy knows his stuff. Like I said, I trust people on here more than people at GM... hence why I told the shop to go ahead and paint the part based on his info...

(Tom, if I have a funny-colored bumper, I'm coming after you!) :rofl:
Silver in any shade is tough to match.
I did good when I painted my hood. Just have to get any dark spots out of the primer. :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts